Senior Construction Underwriter (Manchester)
Here at Allianz UK, everyone brings their own expertise and enthusiasm to work, to enable customers to make the right insurance decisions to meet their needs. We're passionate about helping our customers and employees move on and up in life and business.
We nurture and invest in talent to ensure that great people build great careers with us. There's a variety of different career opportunities which enable people to fulfil their potential and we provide an award-winning range of training, recognised in 2015 by Investors in People (IIP) with a Gold level accreditation. Other prestigious industry awards we have won include General Insurer of the Decade at the British Insurance Awards 2014.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our newly formed expert led Allianz Construction team. As an integral member of the Regional team, your focus will be on profitable growth and technical excellence in building a World class, multi-niche Insurance & Engineering related service.
You will be responsible for the delivery of profit and growth within the region, through monitoring of account performance, identifying under and over performance, implementing remedial and opportunity actions as appropriate, whilst ensuring adherence to underwriting standards and ensuring quality of business.
Your focus will be on Casualty/Liability, building long-term, sustainable business relationships in order to engender customer loyalty and achieve profitable growth in line with our ambition. Demonstrating consistently high standards of leadership behaviour across all elements of the role, you will assist in supporting the national strategic objectives within the Region.
You will display excellent customer service skills and ensure the region operates strictly within the parameters of Allianz Standards of Underwriting.
Skills & Experience:
* Experience in writing Casualty Construction risks would be advantageous, but we would equally welcome applications from those with experience in underwriting other Commercial Property and Casualty/Liability risks, and would provide support and training to help you transfer these skills to the Construction product.
* Strong technical underwriting skills with a proven track record of operating within an established Casualty authority (internal only - Level B ideally working towards Level A.) Experience in writing Casualty Construction risks will be advantageous, but is not essential.
* Experience in the commercial market and excellent trading skills.
* Track record as a confident negotiator, with excellent people skills.
* DIP CII or progression towards.
* Exposure to account management and handling Schemes and Facilities.
* A good understanding of common forms of Reinsurance and EML calculation.
* Experience of Large Case underwriting.
* Construction market/product awareness.
* Highly customer focused with ability to build broker relationships.
* Excellent coaching and training skills.
* Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
* Solid Data analysis skills and ability to make recommendations and decisions.
* Highly achievement orientated.
* Strong capability for team working.
* Strong collaboration skills.
* Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
* Strong trading skills
At Allianz, we welcome applications from everyone, regardless of your background or needs. If you need assistance with making your application please contact us at
Please be aware that we will require satisfactory pre-employment evidence to include DBS, Financial Probity and Fraud checks, before you can commence employment with us.