Book Sales Account Executive
Book Sales Account Executive
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 + 6% Pension + Bonus
Closing Date: Friday 21 June 2019
The purpose of this role is to obtain and drive print book revenue for the specific region (EMEA and APAC) for global print book sales.
What You’ll Be Doing:
The role supports revenue growth against objectives and book sales targets. This involves managing sales agents and customers, analyzing the market and results and making commercial decisions based on these, monitoring targets, identifying new opportunities, growing sales and acting on opportunities.
Undertaking direct marketing to customers and sales agents in the form of creating subject area promotions, core stock promotions, backlist promotions. This will involve but is not limited to identifying titles, creating bespoke marketing pieces ensuring margins are met and sustained.
Managing their adoption programme and managing title selection, inspection copy requests, instructor manual fulfilment and identifying potential new adoptions based on their market intelligence
Carrying out administrative tasks for the Global Book Sales Team is an essential part of the role, including but not limited to account maintenance, key account returns requests, core stock reporting, report creation and research projects across the wider team.
**Please note the advert may close early depending on the number of applications, so please apply asap if interested**
Who They’re Looking For:
- Decisive and assertive approach to challenges
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Well-developed organizational and administrative abilities
- Good customer facing, marketing, presentation, business development and strategic thinking skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills essential (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint for Windows)
- Ability to represent department within the company and at industry events
- Solution sales experience in a business to business environment
- Sales experience of both print and digital products within the publishing arena would be an advantage
- Experience managing sales agents and distributor networks (print wholesalers, retailers, online booksellers)
Behaviours & Attributes:
- Commercial acumen, self-motivated and results-focused
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with others
- Takes pride in the achievement of team objectives
- High customer service ethic and passionate about meeting customer needs
- Keeps pace with change and acquires knowledge/skills as the business develops
About Our Client:
Nurturing fresh thinking that makes an impact
Founded in 1967 to champion new ideas that would advance the research and practice of business and management. Today, they continue to nurture fresh thinking in applied fields where they feel they can make a real difference, now also including health and social care, education and engineering. They publish over 300 journals, more than 2,500 books and over 1,500 case studies, via their dedicated research platform.
What matters to them:
Excellence: Always pursuing greatness, taking pride in everything they do.
Individuality: They have a strong sense of character, independence and spirit.
Ambition: They strive to go beyond what’s possible to delight their customers.
Purpose: Their entire motivation is to help their communities achieve better outcomes.
Curiosity: They listen, learn and challenge the status quo, paying attention to the details that matter.
Trust: Their open and responsive culture empowers people, creating transparency, responsibility and respect.