Commercial Editor - Liverpool
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Editor to join the Reach Regional's Commercial Editorial team as a Regional Commercial Editor based in Liverpool.
Reach Plc reaches an incredible amount of people each day through content that resonates and a tone/style that engages. Each day, as well as creating all the content you would expect from a vibrant network of websites, we work with well-known brands to create content that helps them reach their target audience with content that rings true with our readers, our brands and the aims of the campaign.
The Northwest region is one that is important to regional and national advertisers and we are increasingly seeing native or sponsored content playing a key role in multi-platform and multi-faceted marketing campaigns. The role of the Commercial Editor is crucial in the delivery of successful client campaigns and in the widening of the reach of the overall network.
The purpose of the role is to take the lead on high-quality commercial content that works for our clients; identify, advise on and create commercial ideas, work with regional and national commercial teams to deliver multi-platform commercial packages, suggest, create, oversee and publish editorial which meets client expectations, manage or oversee social media commercial uploads, advise and feedback on content performance through the use of analytics.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that a minimum of 85% of the Commercial Editorial revenue target is achieved each month
- Deliver first-class commercial sponsored and native content across brands and platforms to deadline and in keeping with agreed workflows, schedules and codes of compliance
- Ensure efficient and effective publication and social sharing of all digital sponsored content, in communication with the digital publishing and audience engagement teams
- Ensure efficient and effective delivery of all commercial features, supplements and special publications, in communication with the print publishing unit
- Build strong working relationships with the commercial team and work with them to support and grow revenues
- Build strong working relationships with the events team and help to coordinate editorial coverage to promote events
- Forge strong relationships with senior members of the region's business community
- Act as an ambassador for brands and represent the company at external events as required
The Ideal Candidate
- A Reach plc or equivalent journalist qualification
- At least two years' editorial senior management experience
- Up-to-date knowledge of compliance issues regarding paid-for content
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop people
- Strong production and/or content development skills
- Excellent understanding of commercial strategy
- Strong digital skills and understanding of digital audience trends
- Ability to represent the company effectively externally, with public speaking experience
- Ability to work quickly and effectively under deadline pressure
- Flexible approach to shifts
- Creativity and flair
- Up-to-date legal and IPSO Code knowledge
- Full driving licence
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.