**ABI Support Workers**
Full & Part Time & Bank contracts available
Location: Central Blackpool
Pay Rate: GBP8.40 per hour
Voyage Care are recruiting a "New Staff Team" for it's brand new Acquired Brain Injury Supported Living Service, close to central Blackpool.
We are looking for friendly, caring, reliable and conscientious care staff who want to make a real difference to the lives of people within the community of Lancashire.
You will be involved in a support pathway, to enable people to learn and enhance their existing living skills. This pathway means, as a staff member you will deliver a variety of support to meet the needs of others and be part of their journey.
About this Job:
You will be supporting individuals to achieve structure to their day and support with activities involved in daily life within the sympathetically developed accommodation.
As an experienced Support Worker you will confidently promote their independence and re-ablement and be an advocate in facilitating a great quality of life and realising individual potential.
- Knowledge of / employed experience in ABI care is preferred but not essential.
- Fully flexible approach to 24 hour shift patterns.
- Confidence in lone working with vulnerable individuals in the community.
- Enjoy social interaction and the company of others,
- Join in local activities and encourage others to become involved
- Have a warm and friendly personality
- Be calm and resilient
- Be practical and well organised
- Have a respectful and sensitive communication style
- Be motivated, with a can do attitude
- Have ability to work positively with people who display behavior that challenges
- NVQ Level 2 /3 qualification in Health & Social Care is desired
We offer a great range of benefits which include:
- Paid DBS**
- Paid Holidays
- Salary scale /Free Training & Progression
- Life insurance & Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail rewards & savings
- Long service awards
- Refer a friend from GBP250 - GBP750 (T&C's Apply)
**Should your employment with Voyage Care terminate for any reason within the first 3 months of your employment start date: the full cost of your DBS Disclosure will be repayable back to us and deducted from your final salary.
You'll join the team working on a rota that includes early, late, weekend, night and Bank Holiday shifts.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a motivated and determined team. So make a great career move.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010