Head of Clinical Performance - Rail & Transport Division
Full Time: 40 hours
Salary - Substantial package depending on qualifications & experience
Location - UK wide with regular traveling to various client and company sites
To continue supporting healthy high performance in our client organisations, we're growing and investing in our Rail Division team and as an expanding company we are going places. We are currently looking for an experienced Head of Clinical Performance to join our team. This role is UK wide with regular travel. You will take the lead responsibility for clinical delivery to all Rail Division clients, working within agreed quality and standards frameworks, service performance expectations and being a key contributor to the Rail Division leadership team.
As Head of Clinical Performance you will be responsible for:
- Leading and managing the Rail Division Clinical Team, ensuring consistent high levels of performance in terms of clinical quality, productivity and service excellence to clients
- Lead for clinical delivery to all Rail Division clients, working within agreed quality and standards frameworks, service performance expectations and being a key contributor to the Rail Division leadership team.
- Being a key contributor to the development of clinical excellence across the wider Optima Health business.
- Represent Optima Health effectively at all levels within client organisations as required and provide leadership and motivation to the clinical teams
- Ownership and accountability for delivery of the Rail & Transport Division clinical services including productivity, quality standards and service excellence for clients.
- Lead the team of senior clinicians, carrying out line management tasks
- Govern clinical standards within the Rail & Transport Division, ensuring all clinical staff undergo annual clinical audit and appraisal
- Lead the internal audit programme to ensure quality standards are maintained
- Act as subject matter expert on Rail & Transport, supporting clinical standards and business development initiatives as required
- Be an active contributor to the Rail Division Leadership team, ensuring delivery of the Business Plan objectives
This role has UK wide responsibilities and location is therefore flexible but with regular travel required for client, internal or supplier meetings. Core working hours are 8.30pm to 5.00pm Monday to Friday but flexibility is required to meet business needs.
- A postgraduate qualification in Occupational Health or related subject with minimum 10 years post qualification experience including at least three years in a senior leadership role preferably in a similar role within OH, healthcare or related fields
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to engage with credibility and gravitas at any level within client and supplier organisations
- Demonstrable influencing skills, able to adapt style as required to persuade and gain the support of stakeholders
- Commercial acumen with ability to understand and manage budgets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to think logically and construct sound, persuasive arguments
- Resilience and ability to deal with setbacks constructively and work to resolution of issues
- Able to demonstrate a clear attention to detail, ensuring that all relevant documentation including management reports are accurate, meaningful, easily understood and fit for purpose
- Willingness to work out of hours where necessary
- Willingness to travel as required by the business
- Ideally with rail industry experience