Graduate Quality Engineer / Junior QA Engineer
Job Title: Graduate Quality Engineer
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company are one of the leading manufacturers of engineered plastic assemblies for the automotive industry. They have a global presence, although they are predominately based within the UK where they have a Design and Development centre, along with four modern manufacturing plants equipped with some of the latest automation and plastic moulding technology.
They understand the value of offering graduate opportunities across all of their sites and believe that graduates have enormous potential, but that this potential needs to be polished and nurtured. Therefore, they develop their graduates to be upcoming leaders and managers.
They ensure their graduates receive the support they need, with regular reviews and exposure to the wider business to give them the necessary experience and building blocks. In recent years, they have developed graduates across a range of departments, with many growing successful careers within the business.
The Company are delighted to announce that they are looking for a Graduate who would like a career in Quality Engineering. This exciting role will be based just outside of the beautiful and historic city of York, however there may be a requirement to travel to customers or one of the company's other sites in the UK or overseas.
As a Quality Engineer Graduate you will be part of an innovative and knowledgeable Quality department; working with prominent customers in the automotive industry, your role within the Quality team will ensure that products are of exceptional standard and suitable for their purpose.
You will liaise with internal and external customers to agree standards and product specifications and where there are concerns with quality, you will problem-solve and innovate to develop solutions. You'll also assist with carrying out tests on sample products, writing systematic reports, and analysing and presenting data.
- Supporting the introduction of new parts from design concept to start of Production.
- Working to approve our products in accordance with PPAP manuals and IATF16949 requirements.
- Liaising with customers, suppliers, and internal departments as required to understand and meet the end customer requirements.
- Holding internal concern meetings to resolve or facilitate resolution of both internal and external customer concerns.
- Investigating problems to ensure that the root cause is found, permanent fixes are put into place and all the activity is documented (e. 8D process).
- Supporting the Manufacturing department with any additional documentation that drives improvement or makes the Production processes more robust.
- Working with the factory to reduce the risk of defect parts escaping to the next process or customer.
- Using problem-solving methodologies to close out problems in accordance with customer requirements.
- Following up customer and internal quality concerns, queries and issues. Carrying out customer and supplier visits as required.
- Working in accordance with strict deadlines and time plans, as is typical in the automotive industry.
The Company are looking for people who are innovative, passionate about quality and have a natural interest in the automotive industry.
The successful candidate will have a flexible approach and analytical personality. They will be a good communicator, with strong interpersonal skills and enthusiasm to drive improvements.
Candidates must have a proactive, analytical and investigative approach to tasks. They will be capable of working to their own initiatives, and have the ability to work within fast-paced environments to meet challenging deadlines.
Previous experience of working within Quality; injection moulding or the automotive industry would be an advantage.
- Graduate in engineering.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Methodical and analytical.
- Experience using Microsoft programs for report writing, data analysis and presentations.
- Literacy and numeracy.
- Desire to drive improvements in all that they do.
- Thirst for learning.
- Knowledge of CAD.
- 6-Sigma or knowledge of problem-solving techniques (desirable).
- Experience in manufacturing (desirable).
- Knowledge of CAD
To apply for this role please select the APPLY button to send your CV.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of: Engineering Graduate, Quality Engineer, Quality Development Engineer, Quality Assurance Coordinator, QA, Product Quality Engineer, Quality Assurance, Graduate Quality Assurance Engineer, Graduate QA Engineer, Continuous Improvement, Improvement Engineer, Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Quality Assurance may also be considered for this role.