Senior Legal Counsel
Senior Legal Counsel
This leading technology company are seeking an experienced Legal Counsel to join their busy team in Cambridge. Ideally you will have a background in Commercial Law as the focus of this role will be general corporate commercial and also employment law matters.
You will be providing and managing a broad range of employment advice across different areas of the business as well acting as support on corporate and commercial legal matters affecting the business activities.
- Advise the business on a full range of employment related matters including but not limited to the management of disciplinary, dismissal and grievance matters, drafting workplace policies and procedures, employee statutory and contractual entitlement issues applicable to an employment or engagement;
- Dealing with employment tribunals. Deliver clear advice on the risk, merit and quantum in employment disputes
- Draft, review and produce a full range of employment related documentation including executive service agreements, employment contracts, independent consultancy agreements, agreements for services, staff handbooks, disciplinary and grievance procedures, HR policies and procedures, codes of conduct, severance agreements and all documentation and correspondence relating to internal disciplinary investigations, grievance, dismissal and appeal matters;
- Advising senior managers on employment law issues arising within their business projects;
- Advising the business on immigration issues relating to entitlement to work in the UK and sponsorship under the Points Based System;
- Support on collective consultation procedures, TUPEs and redundancies, providing in house support concerning Trade Union matters and redundancies
- Support on corporate & commercial legal matters. This includes reviewing documents, drafting and reviewing general commercial contract agreements (for example, NDAs, SOWs, supply of services agreements, research and development agreements - in particular bilateral R&D agreements for example technical cooperation agreements, technical licence agreement, technical consulting agreements, technical testing agreements and other procurement agreements
- Support acquisition projects and related corporate related matters;
- Support in preparation of training at an appropriate level (with support provided where needed) - Anti-Bribery, GDPR, Competition law, Trade Secrets, Business Conduct Guidance and other compliance activities
For more information please apply here or send a CV direct to (see below)
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.