Graphic / Motion Designer
Graphic / Motion Designer
Salary: £20,000 - £27,000
Closing Date: Wednesday 19 June 2019
Our client have a great opportunity for an enthusiastic Graphic Designer with motion skills to join their in-house creative team at an exciting time in their journey as an academic publisher and learning business.
As Graphic Designer you'll be a bit of an all-rounder, able to both receive direction and be willing to give your own input into ideas that you'll then go on to implement. You'll be able to take existing assets and reformat them, as well as animate your own content for use across social media channels.
You’ll also be working on a wide range of creative, encompassing brand exploration and development, product promotion, sales collateral and presentations exploring the most effective channels, mixing print, digital, film and animation to delight and intrigue their customers.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Creating designs suitable for multi-channel, digital publishing approach, including appropriate platforms
- Working closely with stakeholders, project managers and more broadly across other functions to produce engaging creative solutions
- Work closely with the Creative team to ensure effective application of brand visual design
- Clear communication of design and technical recommendations, and frequent showcasing and demonstrating to gather feedback both internally and externally
- Developing and using technical skills and expertise in appropriate design packages, including the Adobe Creative Suite.
Who They’re Looking For:
- Experience with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
- Experience of Premiere preferable
- Filming and video editing/photography desirable
- Ability to work with speed and be detail oriented
- Experienced in developing artwork end-to-end through the creative process, from concept through to technical implementation
- Creative flair, design skills and a strong visual sense
Behaviors & Attributes:
- A clear communicator
- Ability to be calm under pressure and hit deadlines
- Team player with ability to work on own initiative
- Flexible and creative approach
- A willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
- Motivation to maintain and improve design standards
*Please note that the advert may close early, so please apply asap if you're interested*
About Our Client:
Nurturing fresh thinking that makes an impact
Founded in 1967 to champion new ideas that would advance the research and practice of business and management. Today, they continue to nurture fresh thinking in applied fields where they feel they can make a real difference, now also including health and social care, education and engineering. They publish over 300 journals, more than 2,500 books and over 1,500 case studies, via their dedicated research platform.
What matters to them:
Excellence: Always pursuing greatness, taking pride in everything they do.
Individuality: They have a strong sense of character, independence and spirit.
Ambition: They strive to go beyond what’s possible to delight their customers.
Purpose: Their entire motivation is to help their communities achieve better outcomes.
Curiosity: They listen, learn and challenge the status quo, paying attention to the details that matter.
Trust: Their open and responsive culture empowers people, creating transparency, responsibility and respect.