Spa Supervisor, Kent
Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa, part of Alexander Hotels a private group of quality hotels of distinction just outside London.
4 Star, Award winning Utopia Spa with 19 treatment rooms and a comprehensive range of luxury facilities, 38 bedroom hotel together with the Clockhouse banqueting suite and Pavilion conference venue all within the grounds of 15 acres of beautiful gardens.
Please see our website for a full list and description of our facilities.
A great opportunity exists for an experienced Spa Therapist with some supervisory experience to become our new Spa Supervisor. With responsibility for the spa operation during the Spa Managers days off you will have a real opportunity to develop your management and guest service skills within this beautiful Spa Hotel.
To assist the Spa Manager in the day to day operation of the Utopia Spa focusing on delivering and exceeding guests expectations, and ensuring our commitment to high standards of hospitality, encouraging loyalty and assured recognition. You will achieve this by training, coaching and supporting the large therapist team to reach excellent standards, achieve retail targets and ensure 100% guest satisfaction.
- To act as host manager, welcoming guests to the Spa and co-ordinating service from the time they arrive to the time they depart
- Support the Reception team during busy periods and offer tours of the spa for new visitors/members
- To monitor the presentation of the Utopia Spa in all areas ensuring the very highest standards of cleanliness, hygiene and organisation
- Complete the opening and closing procedures to ensure the Spa is fully operational and that it is secured at the end of the day
- To be competent in supporting with face to face sales of Utopia Spa Vouchers, Gift Experiences and Retail Products
- To ensure all those on duty are fully informed of the days events and are focused on the priority for guest service throughout the day
- In consultation with the Spa Manager to implement new promotional ideas
- To ensure staff productivity is achieved and that all staff are well presented and offering the required level of service
- To assist therapists to achieve retail targets and excellent standard of treatments
- To support the Spa Manager with staff recruitment interviews and trade tests
- To monitor spa and treatment standards and implement corrective action/training where required
- To be competent in the delivery of all level 2 and level 3 treatment ranges on offer in the Utopia Spa
- To train, coach, appraise and manage the Spa Team
- To create an environment which promotes employee morale and encourages the team to take pride in their work area and performance standards
- To actively support any spa department during peak periods
- Ensure all areas of responsibility complies with Fire, Health and Safety Policy
- Level 2 and 3 Beauty Therapy qualification, or equivalent
- Practical therapy experience within a spa/salon
- At least 1 years previous supervisory experience ideally within a beauty department
- Smart appearance with a warm and friendly disposition
- Maturity and calm approach to dealing with guest and staff issues to ensure resolution
SALARY & BENEFITS
Up to GBP20,000 plus 10% Retail Commission + GBP1,800 bonus
- 4 weeks holiday
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme
In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday