Group Manager - SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Servi
Group Manager - SEND required for a client based in the Midlands.
- An appropriate professional qualification
- A relevant management qualification or evidence of former and ongoing management development.
- Degree level or equivalent qualification.
- Evidence of continuous personal professional development in a discipline or area relevant to the role and the ability to translate this into successful commercial partnership arrangements to achieve outcomes and targets.
- Significant experience of working in a SEND setting/context
- Considerable experience of working at a senior level in a school or Local Authority
- Substantial experience of working as part of a management team/leading teams
- An expert knowledge and understanding of relevant legislative and regulatory framework and Government initiatives relating to Children's Services.
- Experience of using information and communication technology and information management systems to improve service outcomes and links with externally commissioned providers
- Significant experience to demonstrate substantial successful experience of managing significant budgets, resources and contracts.
- Able to demonstrate substantial successful people management and leadership experience, demonstrating the ability to motivate, challenge, support and develop individuals and teams to deliver outcomes.
- Proven track record of interpersonal impact with others, including experience of successfully building internal and external relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Able to demonstrate successful experience of managing contracts and the commercial skills required to secure high quality external provision which fulfils the LA's statutory responsibilities.
- Ability to contribute to a strategic and operational development of local partnerships and inter agency working
- Ability to think and act commercially
- Ability to relate effectively and sympathetically to a wide range of people including parents, Headteachers and Governors
- Ability to build effective relationships and work co-operatively with colleagues, officers from partner agencies and other stakeholders
- Demonstrable negotiating and influencing skills at both strategic and operational levels
- Ability to interpret legislation and regulations and to apply them
- Ability to manage and deliver training programmes