Account Manager - Invention
As an Account Manager you will be responsible for driving business for branded content, growing our reputation and raising our profile.
You will be a passionate and strategic individual who knows the media content and agency world well and be comfortable and tenacious in generating briefs and selling in market-leading work.
Essentially we want somebody who can develop and implement a strategy for success:
- Increasing conversion rates on pitches
- Increasing standalone briefs
- Improving the quality of briefs from effective agency relationships
- Developing proactive opportunities
- Increasing digital revenues
- Selling in work that transforms our reputation
- Collaborate with and support all areas of our business to drive revenues and profitability
- Ensure a high industry profile of Reach Solutions Invention team within the UK media marketplace, in particular raising awareness of our creative, insight and planning teams
Who are Reach plc and Reach Solutions
Reach Solutions is the commercial arm to the Reach group which allows us offer an unprecedented and unique edge to our competitors, when offering digital and print advertising solutions to iconic brands throughout the UK. Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazines and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
- Identify, develop and retain revenue-influencing relationships with our customers, both existing and new
- You are the expert when it comes to your agencies and their brand clients. There isn't anything you don't know about their business, which brands are spending what and where, and pitches and awards the agency wins. You will ensure we retain the strongest of relationships and their utmost confidence in our ability to deliver
- You will provide regular opportunities for key planning, insight and creative colleagues to speak at your agencies, delivering clear next steps for how those opportunities can help to grow our business
- Demonstrate clear outcomes from every agency meeting and actively pursue follow-up opportunities
- You are the eyes and ears of the agency in the Invention creative process, advising our strategic planning and creative teams on what the client are looking for and ensuring that the requirements of the brief are met
- Working with planning you will set out timelines for the pitch response, scheduling idea tissue sessions with your agency contacts
- Represent Reach Solutions Invention within the wider Reach PLC business
- Forecasting and reporting Invention revenue
- Take responsibility for checking all bookings and ensuring all revenue is correctly booked onto the system by the sales support team to minimise queries
The Ideal Candidate
- Highly numerate and an excellent commercial thinker, able to identify and maximise revenue opportunities and report performance accurately
- Excellent profile in the media industry with influential relationships across agency planning and content teams - Group M experience will be looked on favourably
- A strong communicator with excellent presentation skills
- Leads collaboratively, building a strong network of internal stakeholder relationships, sharing knowledge and ensuring convergence of team/specialists
- An advocate of our culture, personifying Reach Solutions principles and behaviours
- High-impact, engaging personality with the energy to effect change and influence outcomes at a fast pace
- Strong working knowledge of Digital, National and Regional Press media and the Reach portfolio
- Deep understanding of how Reach products fit into wider UK media marketplace
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.