Human Resources Advisor
We are looking to recruit a HR Advisor basis at our Leeds office. With this role you would become part of the UK's largest provider of genuinely free independent debt advice and managed solutions.
Every year we help 620,000 people to resolve their debt problems and rebuild their lives. We employ over 1,500 colleagues and in our 25-year history we've helped millions of people on their journey to becoming debt free
Right now, we're working to deliver an ambitious four-year strategy which will see us helping more people, responding to changing client needs, and working closely with our partners to reduce the harm of problem debt.
What you will be doing
Provide advice and guidance to all levels of management and employees regarding the charity's HR policies, employment law and people issues. The role will also involve some delivery of training.
This is a crucial role in determining the success of our growth plans. Within this role you would work within the charity's HR Department reporting to our HR and Reward Manager
- Build effective and collaborative relationships with key stakeholders.
- Develops comprehensive policy, guidance and supportive tools for colleagues/managers in relation to disciplinary, grievance, sickness absence management, performance capability and other employee relations matters.
- Risk-assess cases (high, medium, low) and provide managers with options in terms of how the case could be manage
- Train and coach managers to manage performance on an ongoing basis, to have honest and straight forward performance conversations.
- Track employee relations plans against agreed metrics, recommending areas for improvement.
- Lead on specific HR projects/goals that deliver tangible improvements in the efficiency and effectiveness of the people service
Experience and knowledge
- Substantial experience of managing and leading a large caseload of employee relations issues
- Sound HR generalist with an excellent grasp of employment law and HR Policy
- Knowledge of what an organisation needs to do to mitigate risk
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Strong relationship building and team working skills
We value our colleagues
We don't just care for our clients and those people who contact us for help. We also value our colleagues, and this role comes complete with a generous benefit package which includes:
- 24 days annual leave (this increases by one day per year up to a maximum of 29), plus bank holidays
- The ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Travel season ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Group personal pension scheme
- Westfield Health cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Financial planning
- Long service awards
Apply for this jobSend to a friend