We are recruiting for HGV/PSV Vehicle Technicians to join our team in York
You will be a fully qualified Skilled Technician/Mechanic with previous experience, preferably with knowledge of PSV/HGV vehicles. We are looking for a reliable individuals with good attention to detail and the desire to continually learn.
The safety and reliability of our buses is vital in making sure we can provide the highest levels of service to our customers. Dealing with the full range of systems, your job covers diagnosis and repairs, routine examinations, servicing and parts replacement. You will also be responsible for recording job data.
The salary is GBP13.28 per hour. The working hours are 38 per week worked over a 5/7 shift pattern.
Working as part of a team, the successful applicant will be responsible for the following duties:
• To perform vehicle maintenance, diagnostics, servicing, repairs and MOT preparations, to all types of Public Service Vehicles, to a high standard and adhering to First Engineering Standard Operating Procedures.
• To comply with HS&E Legislation in line with Group Policies
• To comply with all other relevant Engineering SOPs
• To maintain and continually develop your technical skills
• To work on a shift rota, five over seven days
The successful candidate will have:
• A minimum Level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (ie City & Guilds Level 1 & 2)
• An ability to multi-skill within an Engineering Environment
• A flexible approach to working hours
• The ability to communicate effectively with colleagues
• A full B class licence is essential and a PCV licence would be desirable.
Once you have completed your probationary period, you will enjoy fantastic benefits:
• Free travel on our buses
• First Xclusives - discounts on First UK rail and bus and over 3,000 offers on goods and services for you, your family and friends
• Share in our success - Buy discounted shares in First
• Pension - You'll automatically join our pension scheme and start building a pension pot
• Free Life Assurance - For all members of our pension scheme
One of Britain's largest bus operators, we help around 1.6 million passengers get about their local communities every day. Putting safety first and our customers at the heart of everything we do, we provide reliable, comfortable and punctual services that offer good value for money. We are also proud to be part of the FirstGroup family that carries 2.5 billion passengers a year all around the world in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada and Mexico.
So, put your skills into action, discover more and apply!