CNC Machinist / CNC Operator / CNC Engineer - Aerospace
Job Title: CNC Machinist
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The company's site in Blackpool has an exciting opportunity for a CNC Machinist.
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 5 hours per week.
- Job location: Blackpool Business Park, Amy Johnson Way, Blackpool, FY4 2RP
- Unionised site - works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Focus of this position is machining of aircraft components from generated engineering models to prescribed customer specification, using aluminium or titanium metal as required, utilising 3, 4 and 5 axis machine tools
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth and generous learning budget
- Free parking
- Mobile phone/gym membership/rent a car and other employee discounts
- Employee advantages scheme
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement
- Long Service Recognition
- Refer A Friend Awards
- Setting and operating the machine tools
- Liaising with Team Leader/Production Manager and colleagues
- Component change over for self and by assisting colleagues
- Resolve problems with machining with minimum supervision
- Escalation of any problems unresolved at 4. above to Team Leader/Manager
- Housekeeping and maintenance of own working environment including keeping area free of spills.
- Health and Safety of self and colleagues.
- Any other reasonable task that the individual has the skills or training to undertake
- 6s working practices
- Good general education
- Time served recognised engineering Apprenticeship, minimum of City & Guilds/NVQ in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years of 3, 4 and 5 Axis machining
- Knowledge of Controls
- Health and Safety
- Attention to detail
- Housekeeping Skills
Other Skills/ Abilities/ Personal Attributes:
- FANUC & Siemens Knowledge
- Heidenhain knowledge
- Self-inspection knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Written and verbal handover communication
- Clear communicator
- Organised and methodical
- Demonstrates values consistent with the corporate culture, management and operating style expected of Magellan employees
- Team player
- Committed to best practice
The company is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted their name in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company's vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At the company, they have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are their greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together they build professional relationships that thrive. They know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so they invest in their employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of here, you are part of the team!
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company's careers page.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; CNC Machinist, Machinist, CNC Programmer, CNC, Operator, CNC Operator, Machine Operator, Machinist, Turner, CNC Turner, Programmer, CNC Operative, CNC Engineer, Machine Operative, CNC Setter, Setter, CNC Programming, Machine CNC Turner, CNC Engineering may also be considered for this role.