Application Support Manager / IT Support Manager / IT Helpdesk
Job Title: Application Support Manager
Location: Dudley, West Midlands
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
An innovative software house in the West Midlands is looking for a driven individual to join its leadership team and head up its application support function and lead an established team in supporting market leading SaaS based enterprise applications.
You will have at least five years of experience managing a support / technical helpdesk in a Software applications company and as a key member of the leadership team you will contribute to overall EU and global service initiatives, and take on the challenge of growing the team and service to support ambitious international growth plans.
The primary purpose of this role is to deliver a best in class technical support service to clients, ensuring that service level agreements are achieved, and that customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Support Operations - managing a team to deliver consistent quality of support in a 24x7 business with highly demanding clients
- Talent management - combining day to day HR management, skills development, and strategic talent growth across the support function
- Business change - promoting a culture and associated processes to drive continuous improvement and implement change within support and across the business
- Operational responsibilities
- Managing all requests, incidents and problems that get logged with the Company's Software support desk so as to meet or exceed SLA and KPI targets
- Manage and coordinate high priority and complex support issues with clients, internal teams and key stakeholders
- Act as a management escalation point for requests and incidents, including out of hours
- Deliver timely and accurate communication to stakeholders verbally and in writing, including incident updates and MI reporting
- Talent responsibilities
- Promote and maintain an effective culture of service excellence
- Manage the team to deliver consistently high levels of performance
- Develop talent to ensure each team member has appropriate skills to deliver customer excellence at all times, including appropriate technical and soft skills
- Manage day to day HR matters in line with company policies and best practice (including personal development planning, remuneration planning, discipline and performance management matters)
- Strategic change responsibilities
- Maintain and improve support processes to ensure the company adopts best practice, including systems consistent with both their ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 certifications, and ITIL frameworks
- Implement a continuous improvement approach, including the use of root cause analysis, to identify solutions both within support and across the business and drive appropriate change activity to deliver identified improvements
- Ensure high quality customer guidance and self-support mechanisms are used to improve customer experience and drive efficiency
- Regularly monitor trends and technologies in the support arena to ensure relevant innovations are introduced to the business in a timely manner
- At least (the last) 5 years of success managing a support / technical helpdesk in a Software applications company
- Experience of running a large and diverse team of support professionals, and having direct responsibility for all relevant talent management challenges associated with such a role. A track record of growing talent is strategically important
- Proven capability of in-depth application support of business to business enterprise applications operating on a primarily Microsoft based SaaS infrastructure platform
- Proven change leadership capabilities, an ethos of continual monitoring and improvement and a commitment to excellence
- Great people skills. A proven ability to manage relationships on multiple fronts; across departments, with customers and with vendors. A track record of creating a positive high performance culture in teams is a must
Why join them?
The company believes that their people are key to their reputation for innovative solutions and quality service. They are very proud to be in receipt of accolades from Investors in People for Gold Standards, as well as Best Companies for their 1 Star performance for their commitment to measuring, recognising and improving their business engagement.
You will be working in a modern office with great facilities for work and rest. You will also enjoy a competitive salary along with taking advantage of the vast range of employee benefits on offer.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Managed IT Services, IT Technician, IT Support Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Services Manager, 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 1st Line Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support Engineer, Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, IT Systems Engineer, Cloud Technician, Hosted Technical Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support, 3rd Line Support, 3rd Line IT Engineer, Desktop Support Technician, IT Services Technician will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Application Support Manager / IT Support Manager / IT Helpdesk
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly