Legal Assistant / Junior Litigation Assistant / Paralegal
6 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Legal Assistant
Location: Northenden, Manchester
Job type: Permanent, Full time
Hours: 9:00 am to 5:30pm Monday- Friday, with 1 hour for lunch, daily
At the firm they pride themselves in the work they do helping injured people. They are a top 200 Law Company that specialises in personal injury. They cover every area of personal injury including public liability, occupier's liability, road traffic accidents, employer's liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence matters.
The firm are LEXCEL, Law Society accredited and a Legal 500 Leading Firm for both Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. Six of the Partners are members of the Law Society Specialist Personal Injury Panel and one of the Partners is a member of the Law Society Specialist Clinical Negligence Panel.
Due to growth within the RTA department, they are currently looking for legal assistants to help with general case progression. The role will initially be focused on taking witness statements and later progress into a more Litigation Assistant role. You will be working closely with the Managing Partner and receive adequate training as a successful applicant.
In this role you will predominantly be involved with taking of simple Witness statements on existing client files. You will need to have;
- Clear communication skills with the ability to build a rapport with clients very quickly
- A good telephone manner and able to adapt your communication style accordingly
- Good IT skills with efficiency in all MS Office Packages
- High levels of attention to detail
- Ability to maintain concentration over long periods
- Proficiency in managing own time to ensure all statements are fully pursued
- Be able to deal with and talk sensitively to clients about issues of a sensitive nature
- Experience of handling customer/client enquires on either the telephone or face to face.
- Strong influencing, negotiating and objection handling skills
- Ability to present relevant information in a concise manner
- Be able to perform and meet targets (ordinarily fee income, time recording and caseload). Applicants should be committed and hardworking individuals who enjoy operating in a autonomous environment with weekly supervision
- The role involves the use of IT systems and therefore computer literacy, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, is essential
- Completion of a legal qualification (LLB, GDL, LPC)
The company always recruit and retain the best staff. To do so they offer competitive remuneration packages, ongoing training and development opportunities and a wide variety of interesting and challenging work. Additionally, they also offer the following incentives:
- 20 days holiday, rising 1 day per year to a max of 23 days, plus bank/public hols. In addition, the office is closed between Christmas and New Year and you are not required to use your holiday entitlement for this period
- Active social committee, firm pays for e. Weekly Boot Camp, regular events such as Bowling, Christmas party, Summer Barbecue
- Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24-hour helpline, Legal info and CBT.
- Free fruit delivered to the office on a weekly basis
- 3 holiday buy backs per year after 1 year of service
- Private medical insurance after 2 years' service
- Life Assurance cover - 2 x salary based on annual salary - eligibility commences when you join the company
- Enhanced pension scheme after 3 months of employment
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Legal Business Support, Junior Paralegal, Legal Support Assistant, Legal Administrator, Legal Support Assistant and Legal Aid will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Legal Assistant / Junior Litigation Assistant / Paralegal
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly