Pensions Customer Access Advisor / Customer Service Assistant
Job Title: Pensions Customer Access Advisor
Salary: Competitive (Dependent on Skills, Qualifications and Experience)
Position: Full Time, Fixed Term (Until September 2019) (37 Hours per week)
To provide the highest standard of customer service utilising self-service, telephone, e-mail and face to face contact. The role is predominantly focussed on answering pension's queries via a call centre and e-mail facility in respect of the public sector pension schemes administered by the Company.
- Sensitively and efficiently assist customers by resolving pension telephone and e-mail queries and making appropriate referrals as necessary
- Delivering a flexible and responsive service in line with the needs of the business
- Be fully proficient in the use of telephony and ICT systems typically used in a customer service/call centre environment
- Be polite and professional at all times in possibly stressful and challenging situations
- Take ownership of individual enquiries and customer requests
- Be fully proficient in all aspects of customer service delivery, recognising the diversity of clients
- Treat information security with the upmost respect, dealing appropriately with sensitive and confidential information within Service protocol/guidelines
- Meet agreed quality and performance targets
- Able to work without close supervision
- Undertake other duties of as required, in line with the level of responsibility of the post
- Assist in the induction, training, mentoring and professional development of colleagues as appropriate and support team members in ensuring that objectives and targets are met
- Recent experience within a busy customer service environment
- Recent experience in a telephone based call centre / contact centre environment
- Experience of working to and achieving challenging targets
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written (grammar) communication skills
- Excellent keyboard, mouse and telephony skills
- Good interpersonal skills and empathetic listening skills
- Ability to respond positively to stressful, challenging and sometimes difficult situations
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential matters appropriately
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to use initiative, analyse situations and identify the service needs of customers
- Competent in using multiple ICT systems i. e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Ability to effectively train, coach, mentor and develop other customer service officers
- You must be prepared to work flexibly to provide cover for call centre hours of 0800 to 1800 Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays)
- You will be required to undertake intensive training during an extensive induction programme. No previous pension knowledge is required
- You may be required to work from other locations and undertake, wherever required, other responsibilities where this is commensurate with the post
- Maintain an understanding and actively support their equality programme, both internally and externally, along with all other corporate policy initiatives, including maintaining an understanding of the breadth of the diversity agenda and embedding good practice
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English at Grade C or above
Reasonable adjustment will be made to working arrangements to accommodate a person with a disability who otherwise would be prevented from undertaking the work.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Please note that as part of the recruitment process, candidates may be invited to complete both ability and psychometric assessments and will receive feedback.
Candidates with the relevant experience, qualifications, and job titles of; Customer Support, Customer Service Advisor, Pensions Assistance, Pensions Caseworker, Pensions Administrator, Pension Data Administrator, Pension Data Processor, Client Services Executive, Customer Service Executive, Business Support Admin, Business Support, , Financial Services Administrator, Financial Services Support, Financial Services Caseworker may also be considered for this position.