Our client has an extensive network of 18 manufacturing facilities in the UK, employing approximately 1,800 people.
They are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast.
Their product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
They represent exactly what they do and have always done. Their purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping their customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, they continue to lead our industry in terms of standards and safety.
They are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join their team in Milton in the position of Production Operative.
Including but not limited to:
- The position will provide direction and control within a production environment manufacturing concrete building block for use in both the commercial and domestic (Housing) Markets.
- You will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all plant and equipment that you will be trained to use whilst being focused and committed to achieve our aims in delivering excellent quality and customer service.
- The job role will involve being trained in various production processes contained within the manufacturing system. These will include our Concrete batching plant, Manufacturing & packaging plant associated with block production & operating a range of mobile plant.
The successful candidate will require:
Key accountabilities relating to Health & Safety
- Maintain high standards of Health & Safety for not only yourself but others whilst engaged in all work place activities.
- Ensure all Health & safety standards are adhered to as set out within the sites health & safety management systems.
- Report all Health & Safety concerns immediately to your line manager
- Ensure that risk assessments and safe systems of work for each task / process for which you are trained are strictly adhered to. No tasks to be undertaken where a current and suitable risk assessment /SSOW is not in place.
- Ensure that PPE issued is kept and maintained in good condition
- Ensure that all tools & equipment that you use are kept in good condition, returned to their nominated storage place after use & any defects are reported.
- Ensure that all guarding is correctly fitted. Report & action any defective equipment immediately
- Ensure a permit to work is obtained for high-risk tasks e.g. working at height, entering a confined space working
Key accountabilities Relating to Quality Systems
- Complete and sign all process control sheets relative to the processes you are engaged in prior to the end of the day. Report all quality concerns immediately to your line manager
- Ensure that you adhere to the quality requirements as specified in the sites quality system for all production processes you are trained in.
- Work with management to develop a good sustainability culture at the works.
- Literacy and Numeracy to GCSE level
- Previous experience of working as part of a team
- Experience of working in a factory environment would be advantageous
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.