Ash Vale - Surrey
Salary: Negotiable subject to experience.
BTU Europe has been installing and maintaining advanced thermal processing equipment for over 40 years, BTU equipment and know-how are used in Solar Cell, Nuclear Fuel and Fuel Cell manufacturing as well as in the production of printed circuit board assemblies and semiconductor packaging.
BTU Europe is based in Ash Vale, Surrey, but our customers are Nationwide and European, preferably we need someone around the area, however we would consider applicants based anywhere in the UK.
Service Engineer role include:
- Install and commission new systems.
- Carry out diagnostics / repairs.
- The Service Engineer will advise customers on appropriate actions and procedures.
- Advise customers on parts required for replacement
- The Service Engineer will organise and order spare parts.
- Write service reports and procedures.
We are looking for an engineer who:
- Has good communication skills.
- Has experience working within a PCB production environment or similar.
- Has formal qualifications or long standing experience in electro-mechanical environment.
- Can fault find down to component level.
- Can work without supervision and on own initiative.
- Has a current full driving licence.
- Has a valid EU passport and can travel at short notice.
- Can liaise directly with the customer.
- Private Health
- Life Assurance
Personality, enthusiasm and customer service skills are key in this busy professional role.
The ideal Service Engineer will have previous experience in a field service role, specific sector experience is not required however exposure of electrical or electronic equipment will be beneficial.
Some form of technical background is required, this could have been through a is not required however exposure of electrical or electronic equipment will be beneficial.
Some form of technical background is required, this could have been through a traditional hands on apprentice or a more formal academic route.
Either formal qualifications or long standing experience in electrical or electronics are essential and previous exposure to analytical equipment would be a distinct advantage.