Service Improvement & Innovation Manager
5 days left
- Full Time
Reach plc has an opening for a Service Improvement & Innovation Manager to join our team based in Liverpool.
Reporting to the Service and Innovation Lead within IT, this position helps to raise the bar in service delivery within enterprise technology across the group. Several years ago enterprise IT outsourced a large proportion of their IT operations and support to several trusted partners. This transition has been successful, we are now focused on continuous improvement of service delivery. The post-holder will work with our vendor partners to deliver the best service to our users whilst living within our means. It is a hands-on role that requires working with the end users, vendor partners and the rest of the IT teams.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazines and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
We average 21 million mobile visitors - that's 60% of the entire mobile market. Each month we attract over 32 million unique visitors. That's more than our competitors. You will help us further increase our digital audience into 2019.
- Support the Service team to redefine the relationship with Reach's service providers and vendors, from suppliers to true business partners.
- Drive CSI, continually improving the effectiveness and efficiency of IT services and processes
- Perform service reporting and measurement activities, conduct internal audits, analyse and interpret datasets to identify areas for improvement
- Be a lead role in delivering key service delivery related initiatives
- Creatively innovate at low cost; find alternative options when facing constraints
- Maintain governance policies for service functions
- Strive to achieve departmental quarterly targets, aligning with IT goals and objectives
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders, influence ideas, and ensure IT Service brings real value focused on outcomes, not outputs
- Regularly visit business locations across the UK, engaging with site contacts and end users to promote the function of IT
- Provide advice and guidance for queries relating to IT services, policies and procedures.
- A point of escalation for customers on IT service issues
- Provide a governance role during major incidents; ensure service providers and business teams restore service and identify root cause; provide on-call out-of-hours cover when required
- Manage mini IT-related projects, ensuring decisions and priorities are driven by business outcomes and benefits
- Manage office relocations across the estate
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven track record in helping provide an excellent experience to end users.
- A broad range of technology role exposure, and experience working in small teams.
- Experience either managing or working closely with outsourced partners who deliver critical services.
- Strong appreciation of end user IT needs within a multi-supplier corporate environment.
- Experience with managing complex office moves and relocations from start to finish, working closely with customers to ensure expectations are managed.
- Highly-motivated, able to self-manage and multi-task in a fast-working business environment.
- Unpretentious, resilient and confident approach with a high energy, great humour, positive 'can do' attitude, and a team player with the willingness to do what it takes to get things done.
- Enjoys a challenge, and is passionate about raising standards and making a difference.
- Excellent reporting skills; able to analyse large amounts of data; has an eye for detail.
- Communication skills: able to explain complex information to a wide range of stakeholders of varying levels of technology-experience and seniority.
- Prepared to travel across the UK to Reach office locations.
- Does not need experience as a Service Manager - can be someone with ambition, desire and credibility to grow into a challenging role with the right support around them.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
What you need to know
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us at