Part of the UPM-Kymmene group, Caledonian Paper is the UK's only manufacturer of magazine paper using the latest technology to produce high volume, high quality products for demanding markets at home and abroad.
The Company has been established in Irvine, Ayrshire for more than 30 years and has a reputation for offering high quality employment and development opportunities.
Currently we are looking for Mechanical Technicians to join our team of Mechanical Tradesmen. Our Maintenance Department plays a key role in maintaining and developing our plant and equipment to the highest standards of accuracy and reliability.
What you'll do
- Play a key role in maintaining and developing our plant and equipment to the highest standards of accuracy, efficiency and safety.
- Maintain and develop our production line and power station safely and in accordance with specifications, schedules, safety targets, and quality standards.
- Troubleshoot engineering problems pertaining to equipment, machines and design.
- Core hours are Monday to Friday 7am - 3pm, however there is a need to be flexible depending on operational needs.
- You'll be prepared to participate in a call out rota and to work a reasonable amount of overtime
Who you are.
- You must have completed an apprenticeship in a mechanical discipline and preferably have an HNC in Mechanical Engineering.
- You have experience and knowledge of safely maintaining hydraulics, pneumatics, bearing fitting, alignment and pumping systems.
- You are competent in maintenance management systems and general maintenance including fault diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair of mechanical plant and systems.
- You have good communication skills and self-management ability
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
- Benefits package: We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits package including bonus and pension scheme.
Is this the opportunity for you? We look forward to receiving your application!
Click apply below for further information and to submit your application!
Closing date: 30th June 2019