Solihull, West Midlands
Up to £50,000 + Extensive Benefits Package
SSP is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. We provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery.
Want to work with great people, in modern offices and have the opportunity to progress and develop your career? Our team is growing, so we are on the lookout for a talented Infrastructure Engineer to join our Managed Service Team based at our Solihull office.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are on the lookout for an Infrastructure Engineer who wants to work with Virtualisation, Cloud Platforms and the usual Windows Server applications. We’re looking for someone who likes to work within a team, is passionate about making improvements, has that ‘Can-Do’ attitude and clear communication skills.
WE’D LIKE TO MEET AN INFRASTRUCUTRE ENGINEER WITH EXPERIENCE IN:
- Virtualisation – VMware up to 6.5 covering implementation, admin and migration
- AD, GPO, ADFS, Domains, Permission Models, and more
- Exchange – Up to 2016
- NetApp - 3PAR storage covering implementation, admin and migration
- Citrix XenApp 7.6+
- SCCM, SolarWinds and WSUS
- Cylance, McAfee and TrendMicro for Security and Anti-virus
THE INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER’S RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Working with a variety of hardware, software and applications in general to provide a prompt, friendly and professional service to our IT users in relation to systems administration/documentation/testing.
- Planning and installation of new hardware, monitoring system uptime, ensuring high availability, resolving complex client related problems, and designing and implementing all data centre and internal hosted computer systems.
- Responsible for all functions relating to the installation, configuration and operation of our hosting infrastructure
- Identify system configuration and/or performance irregularities. Develop procedures to respond to these irregularities in a timely manner
- Document and improve existing processes and procedures
- Serve as a technical resource by providing support to multiple projects and business units
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A unique working environment where you’ll be surrounded by passionate experts from a variety of backgrounds and industries.
- We are offering a generous salary and matching pension scheme.
- A clear, personal learning and development plan that provides the frameworks and development solutions to ensure everyone has the opportunity to maximise their performance and realise their potential.
- Generous holiday allowance (25 days + Public Holidays), free parking and life assurance.
- A wide range of flexible benefits such as experience days, gym memberships, to wellbeing benefits like healthcare cashback plans, and so much more.
We have a strong, clear vision – to be the leading provider of insurance technology software – and our values describe what makes SSP unique, and captures the SSP spirit that runs through everything we do.
Respect – Ownership – Collaboration – Innovation – Energy
A CAREER WITH US:
SSP believes the most valuable asset for any business is the people it employs. It is crucial therefore to employ and invest in the best. We believe that our diversity makes us stronger, we celebrate and support everyone who works for us. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in our working practices and are proud of our inclusive culture. We actively promote equality and grow our diverse workforce for the benefit of our customers, products and people.
To apply for the role of Infrastructure Engineer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Infrastructure Engineer, Network Engineer, Infrastructure Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, IT Support Engineer, Senior Technical Support Analyst, IT Support.