Assistant Cookery School Manager
Assistant Cookery School Manager
Altrincham, Greater Manchester (Including travel to offsite workshops)
The Vegetarian Society influences, inspires and supports people to embrace and maintain a vegetarian lifestyle. We work with meat eaters, vegetarians and vegans to help everyone find out how great veggie food is and how it is kind to your health, to the planet and to animals.
As part of our support for vegetarian food and the vegetarian lifestyle, we have a cookery school offering a range of unique veggie and vegan cookery experiences. We are currently seeking an Assistant Cookery School Manager to join us.
- Salary of £21,589 - £26,317 DOE
- 33 days’ holiday (including Banks Holidays and Christmas closure)
- Pension scheme
- The chance to make your mark with our forward thinking organisation
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced catering and customer service professional to advance their career into the charity sector and make a real difference to the face of vegetarianism.
You’ll be provided with ongoing training and development to ensure you reach your full potential and the support to become a vital asset within our organisation.
What’s more, you’ll be working with a number of talented and highly knowledgeable individuals with years of experience in teaching, nutrition and the catering industry.
As the Assistant Cookery School Manager, you will help ensure the cookery school runs smoothly and efficiently and offers excellent customer satisfaction.
Your role will also involve:
- Working with the Head of the Cookery School to schedule and book courses, tutors and catering assistants
- Achieving budget targets in terms of sales and cost control
- Reporting on budgetary progress to the Cookery School Manager and Marketing Officer
- Taking part in stock management processes
- Representing the Vegetarian Society and the cookery school at public events and across media platforms
- Delivering some classes, training and workshops
- Researching and keeping up to date with food trends, styles and products in catering and home cooking
- Ensuring staff, customers and visitors adhere to health and safety policies
To be considered as the Assistant Cookery School Manager, you will need:
- Experience of working in a catering environment
- Previous customer service experience
- Excellent organisation skills
- Great people skills
Whilst not essential, previous experience of managing staff and training or teaching groups of people would be beneficial to your application.
This is a full time role, working 35 hours per week, including evenings and weekends.
The closing date for applications is 9am on 24th June 2019. You must be available for interview on 3rd July.
Other organisations may call this role Catering Manager, Kitchen Manager, Cookery School Assistant Manager or Cookery School Manager.
We’d love to hear from you if you have held the role of Assistant Catering Manager, Catering Manager, Kitchen Manager, Cookery School Assistant Manager, Cookery School Manager, Training Manager, Chef, or a similar role gained within the catering and hospitality sector.
Webrecruit and The Vegetarian Society are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as the Assistant Cookery School Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.