Director, Mobile & Cloud Data
Wagestream Ltd is seeking an expert in the intersection of mobile apps and cloud computing to lead our Mobile & Cloud Data team in our London office. The Wagestream mobile app is used by thousands of hourly employees around the UK to manage their finances, understand their spending patterns, plan and budget for savings, and if necessary pay themselves on-demand. We require a team to optimize the volume of data and ensure that the mobile experience remains responsive and quick despite the large volume of data. Reporting directly to the CTO, this role will be pivotal in helping Wagestream break the poverty cycle and maximize employee financial wellness in the UK and Europe.
What you will do:
● oversee the secure exchange of data between mobile apps and cloud backend;
● drive the mobile and cloud strategy for Wagestream across all platforms;
● partner with key leaders within the business to test, prototype, roadmap, and plan features;
● evaluate mobile and cloud frameworks; and
● be able and willing to act as an individual contributor developing large swaths of code while simultaneously working on building the team.
We value those who take initiative and pride in their work and contribute to an informal working environment. You will be confident in your ability to deliver on the points covered above. Candidates must have:
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field;
● 15+ years experience as a professional software engineer;
● 5+ years experience building fast-paced, responsive mobile apps, ideally in casual games;
● 5+ years experience with cloud-based PaaS infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, GCP;
● experience leading data engineering teams, and being an individual contributor on a data engineering team;
● proficiency in Python, SQL, C++; and
● ability to fluently translate business needs of stakeholders to a technical view for engineering.
Date Posted: 24 May 2019
Closing Date: 21 June 2019