Funeral Assistant / Funeral Services Assistant
Job Title: Funeral Assistant (3 Roles)
Salary: £9 per hour
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (39 hours per week)
To ensure the quality provision of funeral services whilst taking personal responsibility for excellent internal and external customer service, operating standards and protection of income, underpinned by our DOES values.
Occasionally situations may arise that require the post holder to perform other duties or tasks as may be reasonably requested by the Society.
- Drive and act as bearer on funeral services, also conduct removals of deceased persons as required
- Make, prepare and finish all types of coffins, caskets and related items
- Prepare the deceased for viewing and conduct caring and sensitive visits to the chapel of rest
- Conduct burials of cremated remains, delivery of floral tributes and any other funeral service duty as required
- Ensure vehicles and funeral home facilities are clean and well maintained at all times
- Participate in the out of hours duty team, either as part of the rota or as and when required. Furthermore to participate in weekend funerals as required
- Support the community by way of volunteering and charity events, also actively promote the business and membership within the local community
- Effectively communicate with all stakeholders to ensure that every funeral related service or enquiry is managed to the highest of standards whilst also promoting excellent working relationships with same
- Understand and comply with operating processes as set out in the Way of Working Manual
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work
In addition, all colleagues are expected to work within the terms of their contract of employment and adhere to Society policies and procedures. Post holders may be required to provide temporary cover at other funeral homes and work outside of standard office hours. Post holders must display a professional, smart image and attitude at all times. Uniforms provided must be worn.
- Shows empathy and respect
- Promotes membership where appropriate
- Involved in community projects
- Works well as part of team
- Good communicator at all levels
- Good communication skills
- Adapt style of communication to customer
- Ensures health and safety procedures are met
- Focused on good customer services which in turn may influence funeral numbers and therefore branch profit
- Full UK Driving Licence desirable
- Basic level of literacy and numeracy
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Bearer, Funeral Service Crew, Funeral Service Operative, Funeral Administration, Funeral Services Assistant, Funeral Arranger, Funeral Service Operative, Funeral Administration, Customer Support, Support Administrator may also be considered for this role.