Personal Assistant / Administrative Assistant / PA
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Job Type: Part Time, Permanent (27 per hours)
The Company is a successful UK on-line business which has its own distribution warehouse in Newcastle under Lyme.
You will provide dedicated secretarial and administrative support to the business Directors & Operations Manager of the company's business and other businesses owned by the Directors.
Offering widespread support to the entire team to ensure cohesive running of a growing business, striving to continuously improve processes and ways of working.
Role and Responsibilities:
Sales & Profit
- To order stationary and office supplies for the site and manage distribution ensuring best prices are secured and cost savings made whenever possible
- To manage and co-ordinate sales/supplier meetings
- To provide sales and ad-hoc reports to assist the Directors in the Supplier meetings
- To manage supplier and third party/sites/facilities contracts and relationships. Ensuring operating costs are maintained and where possible negotiated down.
- To ensure VAT returns are done and completed for all businesses and deadlines are met
- To manage and maintain MiniPos ensuring pricing is correct and in line with website. Ensuring stock levels are maintained. Reviewing platform to ensure set-up is right and proper for business need and fit for purpose
Customer Insight & Experience
- To perform Reception duties as and when required
- To answer, screen and direct calls
- To provide hospitality to visitors and Directors
- To visit Suppliers/Clients in various locations for Directors requirements
- To take meeting minutes and follow up on action points
- To undertake personal errands for business Directors & Operations Manager
- To manage Directors & Operations Managers' diaries
- To organise business trips
- To fully collaborate with and being a proactive member of the office administration department
- To ensure that the office environment is maintained and in good condition
- To perform general admin duties, draft letters, generate invoices etc. and overall upkeep of filing systems for all businesses
- To ensure office equipment & supplies and consumables are maintained and used efficiently
- To co-ordinate all Director & Operations Manager activities to ensure deadlines are met
- To assist, observe and report on H&S/Facilities matters to the Operations Manager and accept work and projects related to these areas as and when delegated to
- To create, update and maintain site policies & procedures (all sites)
- To guarantee contract compliance ensuring the terms of the contract are being upheld by the Suppliers
People Development & Learning
- Support improvement streams and strive to improve own operating standards and methods to meet targets and deadlines
- Identify own business training requirements and maintain continual personal development
- Recognise, praises and encourages others to perform to the best of their ability
- Challenge self to deliver and excel to the best of their ability
- To act as a gatekeeper by handling as much of the administrative duties as possible without having to interrupt the Directors. Ensuring relationships with other key personnel are maintained
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain professionalism and diplomacy
- Must display enthusiasm and the desire to succeed
- Highly developed administration and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multitask whilst working to tight deadlines and maintaining accuracy. Thorough and methodical
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven with strong initiative
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to reassign priorities to meet deadlines in a changing environment
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Senior Office Assistant, Senior PA, Business Administrator, Executive Assistant, Senior Office Administrator, Office Assistant, Business Assistant, Secretary, Business Support Administrator, PA to Director, Senior Administrator, Senior Admin, Business Support, Office Assistant, Support Administrator, Business Administrator, Admin Support, Secretary, Clerk, Administrator, Office Support, Admin Assistant, Admin, Operational Support Administrator, Operational Support Assistant, Office Administrator, Operation Assistant, Operations Administrator, Business Support may also be considered for this role.