Senior Triage and Front of House Worker
Senior Triage and Front of House Worker
We are offering an opportunity to lead on the initial assessment aspect of an innovative new homelessness prevention project. You will combine being the first point of contact for vulnerable young people with developing staff and volunteers.
1625 Independent People (1625ip) is a leading youth homeless charity based in the South West, working with over 2,500 young people. We have strong local partnerships and adhere to the best practice in the sector, thereby building trusting relationships between young people and 1625ip staff is at the core of our work.
What we are looking for:
- An excellent communicator with organisation and administration skills.
- Someone who has empathy for vulnerable young people who are at risk of homelessness.
- Someone who is able to make tough decisions where resources are limited.
- Someone with supervisory experience who is open to developing excellent staff and volunteers.
- Someone who is committed to the key message of MAPS that the best place for a young person is to remain within their family network where its safe to do so.
What you will be doing:
- Managing the initial assessment triage Service at MAPS.
- Line managing the Triage Worker and recruiting training and managing volunteers.
- Having an oversight on the running of the MAPS service and office.
You will be in the Bristol Youth MAPS team and your line manager will be Barry Golten, Bristol Youth MAPS Manager.
What we are offering:
- A chance to further develop supervisory skills.
- An opportunity to work within a multi-agency team in an innovative project at a bright city centre office.
- A pivotal role in a critical team in Bristol’s response to the challenges of youth homelessness.
- Flexible working hours, 30 days leave, Pension contribution of 4% and a supportive working environment with monthly supervision and Reflective Practice Groups.
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Contract type: Permanent
- Pay: NJC scale 17-20 starting at the bottom of the scale
- Salary range: £23,836 - £25,295 per annum
- The location: You will be based in our Youth MAPS office, Nelson Street, in the heart of Bristol’s vibrant city centre, within walking distance of both of the main train and bus stations.
- To access the Job Pack and to Apply, please visit the website
- Application deadline closes: 23:59, 17/06/2019.
- If you have not heard from us by 21/06/2019 please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Interviews are on 27/06/2019.
Covering Letter Guidance
Please note that the online application form cannot be saved until it is fully complete. We recommend that you prepare your Covering Letter before you start the online application.
Your Covering Letter will form the most important basis on which your skills, experience and personal attributes will be tested against the job criteria. Without it, your application cannot progress to the shortlisting stage.
You should refer to the Person Specification document within the Job Pack and cover only the elements that are tested at this stage of the recruitment process. Elements that only have the word ‘interview’ next to them will be tested at the next stage of the process and do not need to be covered in your letter.
ALTHOUGH THE APPLICATION FORM GIVES YOU THE OPTION TO UPLOAD A CV, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT A CV AS THIS IS NOT NECESSARY AND WILL NOT BE USED IN THIS PROCESS.
Equal opportunities for everyone:
We safeguard and promote the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Any job offer will depend on a satisfactory DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Barred List Disclosure Check.
We believe those with a criminal record should have an equal chance to become employees or volunteers. We also pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer for everyone regardless of age, disability, gender identity, race, religion and beliefs, sex and sexual orientation. We are particularly keen to increase applications from Black and Minority Ethnic groups as they are currently under-represented.
Please see our Policies section on the website, for further information. If you need an adjustment made to any part of the recruitment process, please let us know as soon as possible.