IT Field Engineer / 2nd/3rd Line Support Engineer
Job Title: IT Field Engineer
Location: East London (E8)
Salary: £28,000 - £31,000 annual depending on experience + Out of hours & travel pay
Job Type: Full Time (8:30 - 17:30), Permanent
The Company has been providing personalised IT support to variety of business since 1999 and are proud to be working with some very well-known companies, each with different needs and priorities and therefore no one day will be the same!
Due to their continuous growth, they are now looking for an experienced IT Field Engineers to join them at this exciting time to help dive their established IT services forward whilst delivering an excellent customer services.
The majority of your time you will be working in the field supporting clients all across M25. However, there may be times when you will be working from their office based only two minutes' walk from the Haggerston over ground station
Generally speaking your working hours will be Monday to Friday 08 - 17, however, due to the nature of the role, you will need to be flexible with your start and finish times with occasional out of hours on- call duties and occasional work on weekends.
- Providing client facing technical support
- Implementing new servers, installations, service or refurbishments of client's equipment
- Completing repairs, software and hardware upgrades through responding to service calls in timely and efficient manner
- Performing other duties as needed and directed by the helpdesk team or the client
- Proving timely telephone support whilst raising and dealing with open tickets
- Accurately using the company's internal system to raise tickets and log times
- Liaising with partners and third parties to resolve customers issues
- Providing 1st and 2nd line support as and when required
- To keep the senior management informed of any potential problems
- Advising, implementing and supporting variety of IT projects
- Responding to internal and external requests in a professional manner demonstrating exceptional customer service
- Undertaking any other tasks and duties as and when requested
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrable 2nd/ 3rd line support, and/or Senior support and/or Field IT support
- Be comfortable working in the field and dealing with variety of situations
- Keenness to make a positive experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Great organisation and problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritise
- Great attention to detail with a 'can do' attitude
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with people at all organisational levels of the business
What you'll get in return:
- £28,000 - £31,000 per annum (plus hourly wage for the out of hours on call duty and paid travel time)
- Paid travel to and from clients sites
- 28 days of annual leave
- A mobile phone allowance
- Variety of team events
- Pension scheme
- Beers on Friday
- An employee referral bonus
- Paid time to volunteer for charity work or take part in not for profit activities
- Anniversary rewards
- Occasional in house meals prepared by professional chefs
- Extensive training sessions
- Opportunities to grow and develop further
This is an exciting opportunity to join a hugely successful company that always works with the latest technology and strives for excellence.
Therefore, if you feel you are ready to make a real difference and have the right attributes for this role, have the ambition to excel, please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
The company appreciate all applications, however, due to the high volumes they receive, they aren't able to provide individual feedback and are only able to contact candidates whose experience and skills closely match requirements.
They also recognise that your skills and experience may be suitable for another role they may have in the future, therefore your details will be added to the candidate database to ensure you are considered and contacted.
Candidates with experience of: IT Technician, Field Support, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Services Manager, IT Desk Support, 2nd Line Support, 3rd Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 2nd Line Support Engineer, 3rd Line Support, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, 3rd Line Support Technician, Software Engineer, Technical Support, IT Support, Helpdesk Support Technician, Helpdesk Support, Fault Desk, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, IT Systems Support may also be considered for this role.