Vincent Wildlife Trust is an independently-funded charity that has been at the forefront of wildlife conservation for over 40 years. Our work focuses on mammals at risk in Britain, Ireland and, increasingly, mainland Europe.
Full time (40 hours/week), permanent. A part-time role with a minimum of 30 hours per week could be considered for the right applicant and, in that case, salaries and holiday entitlement, etc. would be pro rata.
Starting salary: GBP25,750, with opportunity to progress, subject to performance.
Location of job: Eastnor, Ledbury HR8 1EP
To maintain high quality and accurate financial information, and to provide administrative support to colleagues and stakeholders to ensure financial objectives are met.
* Support the Head of Finance with all finance systems and procedures, e.g. payroll, pensions, credit control, and other transactions
* Assist with the preparation of quarterly management and year-end accounts, cash-flow forecasts and management reports, as required
* Provide support to the Head of Finance, managers and budget holders with the monitoring and preparation of budgets and forecasts, and also preparing reports as required
* Monitor and record grant expenditure
* Administration of the nominal ledger, purchase ledger and sales ledger using SAGE
* Issue sales invoices, process purchase invoices and post all bank and petty cash transactions
* Prepare the monthly payroll changes report, process expense claims for payment and administer the Trust's pension schemes
* Assist with Company Secretarial duties such as filing of statutory returns, preparation of Board papers for Board meetings and ensuring policies are updated and approved
Why work for Vincent Wildlife Trust?
* Friendly, supportive working environment in a beautiful, rural location
* Flexible working hours around a Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 2.30pm core (subject to agreement with CEO)
* 25 days' paid annual leave in addition to public holidays
* Workplace Pension scheme
* Life assurance (after one year's service)
* Training and development opportunities available. Support for accountancy qualifications will be considered
For full details of the post and associated conditions please see
Ideal Candidate Profile
* Recognised accounting/book-keeping qualification
* Driving licence preferred
Experience and skills
* Experience of assisting with charity finance and/or management accounting preferred
* Knowledge of charity regulation and compliance and charity SORP an advantage
* Knowledge of Sage (or another accounting system) and payroll legislation
* Experience of using Microsoft Office applications
* Excellent communication skills
* Integrity and discretion
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Enthusiastic and self-motivated with initiative and drive
* Positive can do' attitude
* Well-organised with good attention to detail
* Committed to self-development
APPLICANTS MUST FILL IN VWT'S OWN JOB APPLICATION FORM ON OUR WEBSITE SO CLICK APPLY NOW TO GO TO OUR WEBSITE