Associate Director - Facilities Management
A large healthcare organisation is currently looking to appoint a highly experienced Senior Facilities Management professional for a period an initial period of 6 months.
- Ensure provision of excellent Facilities/Support Management Services, thus promoting high quality patient care in a complex healthcare setting;
- Accountable to a Board Executive you are charged at the highest level for interpretation of national directives, broad DH policy and Trust priorities within the Facilities Management functions;
- Provide effective leadership of non-clinical functional managers to empower individuals to take appropriate decisions which meet the needs of patients, visitors and staff;
- Ensure effective partnership approaches with other providers, agencies and NHS organisations; utilising specialised knowledge across the full range of facilities services to provide expert advice on the interpretation and delivery of national initiatives and local standards on a professional basis relating to, for example; cleaning, security, food safety, etc;
- Operate as a senior manager within the organisation, will deputise for the Executive Board as directed on matters not immediately within their professional sphere;
- Provide fully comprehensive, patient centred, high quality support services to the organisation through effective senior management of Corporate Services, Domestic Services, Laundry/Linen, Nutrition/Catering, Portering, Residential Accommodation/Facilities, Security, Transport, Waste, Miscellaneous e.g. car parking;
- Provide professional leadership and support to deliver services across the Trust including specialist knowledge of hotel services and facilities management;
- Responsibility for long term strategic planning, budget control and delivery of cost improvement targets in a complex trust on an organisational wide basis. Major business cases may span 15-20 years ahead;
- Ensure legal, statutory, regulatory compliance and complaint judgements are taken to deal with highly complex situations requiring analytical interpretation where precedent may not be available, e.g. root cause analysis reviews/corrective action.
- Degree level qualification and/or relevant work-related experience within TFM across healthcare organisations;
- Substantial experience of managing hospital support services/facilities with a proven track record of directing a broad range of activities/programmes at senior management strategic level;
- Detailed knowledge of relevant statutory requirements, governance frameworks and broad health service policy;
- Effective leadership skills coupled with excellent communication skills;
- Ability to react appropriately to and meet challenging timescales / deadlines.