Leading FMCG Manufacturer seeks a Demand Planner, as a Demand Planner you will be responsible for the management & development of the Demand Plan for a leading beauty company. The key function of the Demand Planner will be to ensure that the sales forecast used by the organisation is as accurate as possible, to meet our Customers' requirements, and to identify risks and opportunities.
Duties may include:
- Responsible for creating and maintaining system generated forecasts, utilising the best fit statistical model
- Carrying out analysis of sales history, promotional, seasonal, market trends and forthcoming NPD launch activities to drive accurate results.
- Facilitate consensus meetings with relevant teams (Commercial / Sales) as part of a monthly Sales & Operational Planning (S&OP) process
- Liaise with Supply Chain, Operational teams & external Customer to ensure requirements are consistently met.
- Monitor & report on:
- Service Level Performance (eg. OTIF)
- Inventory: Aged inventory analysis, slow moving and obsolete stock
- Forecast Accuracy
- Provide fact-based analysis with corrective action plans where applicable.
- Drive collaborative projects to improve speed and agility across the Supply Chain
Skills and experience:
- Desirable knowledge/experience of FMCG Supply Chain
- Good IT skills including an understanding of MRP & expertise using Microsoft Excel
- Be highly numerate and analytical, with great attention to detail
- Be an authoritative & influential member of the team with a willingness to exceed expectations
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders in a cross-functional environment
- Communicate effectively & professionally direct with customers
- Be required to present data & results clearly & confidently both verbally & in writing