Healthcare Planning and Property Manager
A large healthcare organisation is seeking to appoint an experienced Healthcare Planning and Property Manager. This is a key role for the organisation at this time and will provide the management and delivery of an efficient and effective planning function for the organisations funded projects. The role will also encompass capital planning, project management and a full commissioning service for the organisation in question. This is for a high profile, challenged healthcare organisation that is seeking to transform certain elements within its healthcare estates and facilities offering.
- The post holder will take the lead role in detailed medical planning working with clinical users and the design teams to produce plans for clinical accommodation;
- Project management on behalf the organisation and delivery of a key commissioning programme;
- Detailed medical planning of the decant and refurbishment schemes associated with new build and refurbishment projects and commissioning of these schemes;
- Management of multiple projects;
- Responsibility for representing the organisation to external organisations i.e. PFI Company, Local Authority, Health and Safety Executive;
- Management of multiple user groups for the new build, decant schemes and refurbishment schemes;
- Lead the operational delivery of the organisation's property management services, transactions and projects in relation to the negotiation of occupational agreements, acquisitions, disposals and in the operational implementation of the estate's strategy;
- Manage the programmes of lease renewals, rent reviews, service charges and other leasehold time-related matters and ensuring the supporting property database is maintained, accurate and up to date;
- Support projects from business case stage to the point of acquiring premises and to aid on the project management of accommodation issues;
- Advise colleagues and clients on property management matters, linking closely with legal advisors to ensure that the organisation minimises its exposure to risks arising from its occupation of leased accommodation, both at the time of acquisition and throughout the lifecycle of the property;
- Ensure that all Trust owned, or occupied property is managed in order that space utilisation is maximised.
- Educated to Degree level in an Estates related discipline or an equivalent level plus extensive experience (Master's level equivalent) in the planning environment related to major capital projects;
- Professional membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or MCIOB;
- Detailed knowledge and training of project management (Prince 2, PMP or similar);
- Experience of managing large and complex developments;
- Operational management experience of a large organisation;
- Expertise of organisational strategic, business and service planning processes;
- Excellent knowledge of procurement and management of capital projects and major investment schemes;
- Extensive experience in the planning environment related to major changes in service provision and delivery of capital projects;
- Knowledge and experience of major capital schemes procurement and management;
- Commissioning of capital and major investment schemes.