Senior Public Affairs Executive
Senior Public Affairs Executive
We’re looking for a Public Affairs Executive to join our communications team in London!
OVO Group is an innovative energy technology company with a mission to make clean energy affordable and available to everyone. Its core business, OVO Energy is the leading alternative energy supplier in the UK providing power and gas to 1.5m customers. In addition, OVO Group provides a range of energy related technologies and services such as home heating insurance and intelligent energy products.
As the largest independent supplier in the world’s most developed energy market, OVO is expanding its activities to new markets outside the UK. We have decided to establish energy supply licences in several new markets during 2019 and 2022.
What you'll do:
Key responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring, collation and analysis of relevant media and political coverage
- Providing internal updates on government announcements, Parliamentary business, and other political/policy events. You will also be required to support the wider communications team in the coordination of any responses
- Drafting presentations, briefings and reports on a range of subjects. An ability to distil and present complex information clearly is essential
- Conducting policy research and presenting findings to team members ahead of internal and external meetings, events and media interviews
- Assisting with preparation for team meetings and carrying out supporting administrative duties internal and external events
- Organising external engagement opportunities (e.g. conferences, roundtables, media interviews) and supporting our regular events programme as required
- Carrying out a regular mapping exercises of political, policy and individual stakeholders. Maintaining, updating and sharing stakeholder grid with wider corporate affairs team
- Supporting the drafting of Government and Parliamentary consultation responses
Who you are:
- 3 - 4 years’ experience in politics, public affairs, communications, research or a related field
- Demonstrable understanding of the UK political system, civil service and regulatory environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of energy and/or technology policy desirable
- Strong organisational skills with a keen attention to detail
- Strong research skills
- Demonstrable experience working collaboratively with teams and managing up to senior team players
- Excellent news and operational judgment
- Great degree and education background
Ideally you will be:
- Comfortable working in a fast-changing environment, appetite to raise the game and confidence to disrupt
- A hands-on self-starter with the combination of analytical and commercial skills to determine what needs doing - and then doing it
- Resilient and diplomatic; the ability to negotiate creative compromises
- Enthusiastic and results-focused
- Able to support a fast -moving team effectively, while developing own skill set and competencies
- Self -confident but also humble enough to critically appraise own work
We’re in the business of building a different kind of Energy Company, one where not only our customers benefit from better service and opportunity, but our people do too. OVO was set up to always find a better way and challenge the status quo. We believe in simplicity, transparency and treating people and the planet fairly. But we also believe that attracting and keeping the best talent is key to our bright future, so that’s why our people will always get a chance to share in our success.
OVO believes in fuelling human progress with clean and abundant energy for all. We were set up to always find a better way and challenge the status quo: we want to be the good guys, find a way, and build something great. We embrace simplicity, transparency, and treating people and our planet fairly. We understand that attracting and keeping the best talent is key to our bright future, so our people will always share in our success. Our benefits are pretty nice too.
From us you’ll get ...
- A competitive salary with the opportunity to earn a performance-based bonus every 6 months
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days’ holiday + 1 for your birthday
- Flexible working hours
We celebrate diversity and value equal opportunity; the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Senior Public Affairs Executive, Communications Executive, Political Affairs Advisor, Public Affairs Advisor, Political Affairs Executive, Political Research Associate.