Blackburn | Wakefield
37 hours p/week | Permanent
The Together Housing Group is currently enjoying a period of growth and expansion, and as such we are looking to appoint a new Policy Manager for the Group. The successful candidate will lead on policy issues affecting the Group’s operations; and will make sure Together Housing is aware of key changes in the legislative and regulatory environment. The successful candidate will be based out of one of our two corporate hubs, Blackburn, Lancashire or Wakefield Yorkshire.
If you are interested in joining a forward thinking company, with the chance to put your own stamp on something new and exciting, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
The focus of this role will be on five key areas:
- Horizon scanning – Ensuring we know what’s going on and how we can go about responding to and influencing changes
- Research – Analysing and commissioning research where required to enable Together Housing to be at the forefront of the housing agenda.
- Government and regulatory change – To ensure Together Housing is aware of, and where appropriate can influence, government and regulatory changes affecting the Group.
- Local Housing Market Analysis – To ensure the provision of local housing market information to support our development aspirations.
- Corporate Planning – To support the development of the Corporate Plan and annual rolling business plan.
In order to fulfil this role, the successful candidate will require the following key skills, knowledge & experiences:
- You must be educated to a degree level
- You will have in-depth experience of both developing policy as well as responding to policy developments
- Experience of analysing and presenting data and information, both verbally and in a written format to a high quality
- Experience of shaping and influencing both policy & strategy
The ideal candidate will also:
- Be educated to a post-graduate level
- Have experience of commissioning or managing research
Due to the nature of the role, a full driving license with access to a vehicle insured for business use is required, with travel throughout Lancashire & Yorkshire (Group-wide) a part of the role.
In return we can offer you a great set of benefits which includes; 27 days holiday (rising to 32 over 5 years service) plus bank holidays
A great flexible working environment, with a range of family friendly policies
Great new comfortable and modern offices
A huge scope of personal development opportunities
A very attractive pension scheme and healthcare benefits as well.
For the more active minded we also offer a “cycle to work” scheme.
The closing date for applications is 17th June, with an assessment centre being held on 28th June in Blackburn.
Complete the online application forms by clicking apply now or alternatively email your CV and please include a covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you download a copy of the Job Description from the top of the page & ensure your CV and cover letter matches the requirements of the role.
Together Housing is dedicated to ensuring that the principles and duties of safeguarding both adults and children are holistically, consistently and conscientiously applied with the wellbeing of all in mind.
Together Housing Group is an Investor in People organisation