Electronics Engineer - Design, Development & Maintenance
Job Title: Electronics Design, Development & Maintenance Engineer
Location: Meltham, Holmfirth (West Yorkshire)
Salary: £32,000 TO £42,000 pa dependent on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join an internationally renowned manufacturer of bespoke, made to measure gear cutting tools for the transmission industry worldwide. The Company is a progressive family run firm based near Huddersfield, Yorkshire and are currently looking for an Electronics Design, Development & Maintenance Engineer to join their team.
Your work will involve the development and routine maintenance of purpose built CNC grinding machines, electronic and electrical equipment to ensure it operates to maximum efficiency.
- Design & implementation of electronic control systems for multi-axis grinding machines
- PLC programming and configuration
- Develop and manage a planned preventative maintenance schedule
- Liaise with external service companies and engineers
- Undertake fault finding, rectification of electronic/ electrical equipment
- Source electronic spares and equipment
- Effectively liaise with departmental managers to minimise down time, inefficiency and product wastage.
- Provide engineering solutions to assist and maximise operational capacity.
- Carry out general inspection and repair work
- A can do attitude, with the ability to offer development ideas and bring the skills to deliver
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to work on their own initiative
- A desire to ensure that individual, as well as departmental objectives are achieved, ideally exceeded
- BSc in Electronic Engineering desirable
- HNC/ HND or full apprenticeship required
- Experience with programmable motion controllers
- Excellent understanding of multiple axes control, DeltaTau PMAC experience for servo motors is preferred
- Proven experience of software/ simulation tools, preferably embedded real time coding/ coding in C
- Excellent computer skills - MS Office MS Server (SBS) is preferred
- Experience of 5S principles
- Health & Safety Knowledge
- Production Bonus,
- 5 Annual Holidays,
- Company Sick Pay Scheme,
- Generous Contributory Pension Scheme,
- Death in Service Scheme
When applying applicants should provide a covering letter detailing their salary expectations and availability to commence work.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Electronics Engineer, Electronic Technician, Electrician, Electrical Engineer, Multi Skilled Electrical Technician, Electrical Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Technician, Engineering Graduate, Electrical design Engineer, Installation Engineer, Designer, Developer, Installation & Design Engineer may also be considered for this role.