Structural Technician or Graduate Level
Structural Technician + 3 Years’ Experience / or Graduate Level
Location: Godalming, Surrey
Salary: Subject to experience
Job Type: Permanent / Contract
The company are urgently seeking a Structural Technician for a friendly growing and focused team of engineers in a well-regarded local practice.
The company is based in a light and bright town office within easy reach of a number of major transport links.
Owing to a dramatic increase in workload they now require a Structural Technician.
The company offers a broad range of services within construction design for both residential and commercial projects based in the UK and are looking to expand their team due to the increased workload with a Structural Technician, who is degree qualified with knowledge of designing structures to both British Standards and Euro Codes with particular emphasis on Residential developments.
The candidate should also have a minimum of three years’ relevant post-graduation experience in building structures.
The role will require a good knowledge and experience of Structural Engineering drawing details, with an expectation that the candidate will be proficient in the use of AutoCAD.
You will be responsible for preparing drawings, developing detailed designs, analysing structural components and preparing basic calculations for projects. You will also be involved in site surveys and liaising with customers, clients and other professionals.
The types of projects a Structural Technician will get involved in would include residential, new builds, loft conversions, basements, extensions, low rise housing, blocks of flats, offices, schools and refurbishments of historic buildings. Projects are varied and interesting and will range in value up to £5 million and you will quickly become an integral part of a growing team.
This is a great opportunity for a Structural Technician who is looking for a new challenge and wants to develop their skills set in a friendly office with a growing workload.
The Minimum Requirements:
- Have gained a degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Production of technical engineering drawings in AutoCAD (ability to manage data, X-refs, layers etc.)
- You will have a minimum of 3 years’ design experience from a consultancy environment.
- You will demonstrate a professional competency in structural engineering.
- You will have the ability to develop general arrangement drawings from sketches produced by senior engineers and work as a key member of a team.
- A good working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or CADS design software.
- Working as part of a design team and taking an active part in varied projects.
- Developing detailed designs using AutoCAD and CADS Software.
- Preparing structural calculations.
- Performing site surveys and visits.
- Liaising with clients, customers and other professionals.
- Ensuring the delivery of high quality detailed designs and contract structural documentation.
- Ensuring consistent high quality project delivery through QA checks and working to British Standards.
- Preparation of fee proposals for Technical Director or Director authorization.
- The ideal person will be degree qualified within Structural Engineering and will have experience of taking designs from initial sketches to completion. You'll have worked with various materials (steel, concrete, masonry, timber etc.) will have a high attention to detail and will be driven to offering customer led, viable solutions.
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Live a commutable distance to Godalming or willing to relocate.
- 3 years (minimum) of relevant industry experience.
What you'll get in return:
Our client is offering a friendly and supportive work environment actively encouraging staff to learn and progress. Additionally, they offer Pension and a discretionary bonus scheme.
Structural Technician, Graduate Civil Engineer, Graduate Structural Engineer, Civil, Structural, steel, masonry, timber, commercial, domestic, Engineer, Technical, CAD, AutoCAD, Drawing, Building, Extensions, Loft Conversion, BS, Godalming, Surrey.