Service and Maintenance Manager
Service and Maintenance Manager – Inciner8 Limited
An experienced servicing/maintenance manager is required for this award-winning business based in Southport, Merseyside. The primary function of this role is to take projects through from sales to installation by managing the specification, installation and finally customer support and service. You will be the customers point of contact from order conformation and will attend contract reviews to establish exact customer requirements.
You will ideally have experience of working in a manufacturing company, dealing with international customers and be technically minded. As you will be working across many departments of the business you should have excellent interpersonal skills and be a good communicator. You should be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines while maintaining the expected levels of quality and service.
Renumeration will be dependent on experience and suitability to the role. Pension and discretionary bonus scheme available. Great team with full support from management, regular mentoring and social events. Be a part of an internationally growing company, headquartered out of the North West of England.
As an experienced service manager you will be expected to able to carry out the following tasks:
- Liaise with Technical Team & design criteria that conforms to the requirements of the customer specific waste stream.
- Apply relevant serial numbers to all parts, ensure logged and filed.
- Design & generate inspection reports and issue to team leaders.
- Generate Manuals and operating instructions.
- Organise test dates if necessary.
- Liaise with customers to test systems
- Review and report external examination requirements back to Ops.
- Checking bill of materials.
- Collating all drawings necessary and relevant to installation,
- Agree with customer site requirements. Ensure these requirements are met prior to engineers visit.
- Advise Data Labels required for customer instruction and safety.
- Check Material test certificates are complete and archived.
- Ensure photographic evidence is created during build stage for installation reference.
- Order parts for repair jobs.
- Provide input in NPD (New Product Development) sessions to improve existing designs and methods based on issues experienced in the field
- Agree installation and service dates with customer.
- Manage technical maintenance, installation and service requirements.
- Ensure completion and sign-off of all jobs.
Full UK driving license
Full Passport – and ability to travel if required.
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Useful – but not essential
Any experience using ERP/CRM systems
Languages other than English
Please apply by sending your CV