Marketing and Communications Assistant
We are seeking a creative and motivated person to work closely with the Marketing and Communications Manager to deliver engaging marketing campaigns with the overall aim of increasing enquiries, membership and fundraising opportunities for the charity.
Manage the day-to-day running of the Charity’s online activities from social media channels to the website. Manage the membership database. Working with the Marketing and Communications Manager, deliver engaging marketing communications to increase awareness of iSightCornwall’s services with the overall aim of increasing donations, fundraising opportunities, enquiries and membership. This is a varied role and the post holder will be expected to assist with a range of activities to support the work of the charity.
The post holder will also work collaboratively with colleagues and alongside volunteers to promote our services. You will have excellent communication and customer service skills with the confidence and ability to work on his/her own initiative.
Duties and responsibilities
- Produce engaging content for our social media channels ensuring all copy is relevant for the different platforms.
- Monitor social media channels for mentions and comments and respond to enquiries.
- Produce informative and engaging content for the website ensuring all copy is effectively search engine optimised.
- Oversee the promotion and maintenance of the online shop.
- Oversee the in-house design and maintenance of the website.
- Monitor and evaluate Google AdWords to optimise PPC campaigns.
- Manage and maintain the membership database, producing written communications for membership renewals and confirmations.
- Manage, monitor and maintain the Dynamics database.
- Drive engagement for events through written communications, online activity and advertising.
- Perform targeted mail outs to members, clients and external organisations.
- Develop informative and engaging e-communications for newsletter subscribers.
- Co-ordinate advertising for charity events and volunteering activities.
- Research and share articles relating to eye health, eye research and sight loss.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Marketing Plan.
- Collate and report back monthly on performance statistics for all marketing activities.
- Operate in accordance with all iSightCornwall policies and procedures appertaining to this role.
- Any other duties commensurate with this role and the needs of the Charity, as allocated by the line manager.
The skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience listed here are requirements of the role and are assessed at different stages of our recruitment and selection process. Use this information to help you complete the ‘Supporting Statement’ section of the application form.
Skills and experience
Demonstrable experience of copywriting and editing, generating content and updating websites. Ability to work across all social media platforms. Relevant marketing qualification or previous experience in a similar role.
- Thinking Style
Uses creativity to unblock barriers. Good use of initiative and intuition. Flexible and adaptable in style. Drive and motivation. Evidence of interest to learn and succeed.
- Working with others
Good at relationship and network building - confident and personable. A welcoming and approachable style. Able to build positive working relationships with people from all walks of life. Ability to work independently. Ability to undertake work in a sensitive, participative and ethical manner. Good communication skills
- Time management
Organising skills – being able to plan ahead, meet deadlines whilst also able to work in a constantly changing environment. Ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Strong IT skills
- Knowledge of WordPress.
- Experience of Google Adwords.
- Proven digital marketing results in raising income, awareness, engaging influencers and increasing visitors.
- Strong consumer and product awareness.
- Experience within the charity sector.
- Driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- Proactive and solution focused team member
- Flexible, and willing to work in the fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Conscientious and responsible
- Support and enthuse others and maintain a professional image
How to apply
Download an application form from our website.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
The closing date is 9am Monday 24 June 2019. We’ll be interviewing as we go along, so the role may close earlier than advertised.