Regional Development Manager
Hastoe Housing Association – DT1
Full time (35 hours per week), but part time / flexible working pattern considered
Salary c£45,000 per annum
£5,000 car allowance per annum
26 days annual leave per annum
Hastoe is an award-winning housing association that manages 7,500 rented, shared ownership and leasehold homes across the south of England. We hold charitable status and support both rural and urban communities by providing affordable and environmentally sustainable homes for local people.
At Hastoe we develop high quality homes, leading in the field in rural housing, sustainability and innovation. We have a substantial development programme across the South West of England.
About the role
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Regional Development Manager who will drive forward new business, deliver a rural programme and develop our work in the South West.
Managing and developing a small development team you will build partnerships with local communities, contractors and consultants to bring forward new business opportunities. You will be responsible to deliver a portfolio of projects on time, to budget and addressing risks. You will work closely with local communities, parish councils and local authorities. You will generate new schemes; represent Hastoe at public meetings, including community consultations.
Please see the full job description on our website for more details.
You will be enthusiastic and have a strong record of achievements in construction project management, have delivered new business and show an understanding of rural housing and innovative construction. You must have:
- Previous experience of working within the building sector, with a thorough knowledge of the related regulations and legislation
- Experience of negotiating building contracts and maintaining good working relations with a range of people
- Experience of attending site meetings and ensuring quality of product at handover
- Able to work to set budgets and deadlines
- Able to build and maintain good working relations with a range of people
- Experience of appraising new development schemes and working with consultants to secure planning permission and other statutory approvals for new projects
Candidates applying for the role will have a good working knowledge of housing development and have a valid driving licence and use of own vehicle.
Annual Leave: 26 days (increasing with service up to 28 days) (pro-rated if not full time) + 1.5 days complimentary leave + option to purchase additional leave.
Pension: Hastoe's employer contributions are based on a matching of your own contribution level plus 2%, up to a maximum of 8%.
Family friendly policies and benefits including:
- Flexible working
- Discounts for local shops, restaurants and gym membership
- Cycle and Car Leasing Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (advice service)
- Health Cash Plan (a type of health insurance)
Closing date Sunday 16 June 2019. Part time / flexible working pattern will be considered – please state your preferred hours as part of your application.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday, 26 June 2019 at our West Regional Office (DT1 3GX).
This post is subject to background checks.