Spa Gardener and Host
1 day left
- Part Time
Bedruthan is a multi-award winning hotel and spa set into a cliff above Mawgan Porth Beach on the North Cornwall coast.
Our hotel has been cherished and nurtured by two generations of the same family for over 50 years to give our guests memorable holidays in this uniquely beautiful place.
Bedruthan is set in a natural playground with the beach just below us and some amazing facilities at the hotel itself. You can stroll along the foreshore, get a surf lesson or two and walk the cliff path to Bedruthan Steps – one of the north coast’s most dramatic beauty spots.
We’re seeking a host for our spa garden; someone who loves the elements, tending to the guests, plants and equipment plant room. Someone to share this enthusiasm with guests who like to spa a little differently, whilst content making the environment beautiful and flawlessly functional, connecting with guests and setting the tone for a memorable spa experience.
We’re looking for creative, innovative and, simply put, fabulous people!
You’ll need to enjoy delivering a remarkable guest service, whatever the weather, as well as keeping a keen eye on maintenance and management of technical aspects of the outdoor facilities as well as support for the indoor teams. The spa will be influenced by your care and capable hands during the day ensuring both guests and team finish their days feeling wonderful.
You will need to have:
- a love of the outdoors
- an understanding of a spa guest journey and how to create a seamless experience
- enthusiasm for maintenance and technical care for facilities
- recognition of the importance of water safety
- ability to screen guests for safety and pre-empt adaptations necessary
- desire to be a strong support within the team
- excellent communication skills and a responsive attitude to customer and team feedback
- a passion for caring about the environment
- ability to swim
- £8.50-£8.75 per hour includes probationary rate
- Permanent contract for 24 hours per week with more available during busy times
- Variety of shifts; weekdays, evening and weekends
- Development and training
- Career progression opportunities
- 28 days holiday per year / 29 after 1 year - pro rata
- Free use of swimming pool and tennis court
- Access to gym
- Discounts on spa and hotel services and products
- A large, welcoming and interesting team to support you and a beautiful working environment
- Many more perks!
Wish you were here? Please apply via the link with your CV and let us know your answers to our questions:
- Which season do you like best and why?
- What would you take with you on a desert island?
- What 2 adjectives best describe your ideal guest service?
Use the text box 'message to hiring manager'.
You need to be eligible to live and work in the U.K.
Direct applications only.
Closing Date: Sunday 16 June 2019
Shortlisted applicants will need to attend a Selection Day on Tuesday 18 June 2019
Start Date: available immediately
As one team we take responsibility for reducing the negative impacts our actions and activities have on the environment and our local community; something we feel is right and is our way of life.