Assistant /Junior / Trainee Quantity Surveyor
Andrew Turner Builders Ltd is looking for an Assistant / Junior / Trainee Quantity Surveyor to join our team in Cottenham. This position would suit someone with an educational/working background in Quantity Surveying or Construction who is keen to get into the construction industry. The successful candidate will work with the directors, learning the processes and procedures of the company. The projects are varied, from small extensions to large, bespoke new builds, mainly in the domestic market but also involving some commercial work.
Key responsibilities include;
- Support the Directors in managing various, concurrently running projects.
- To assist with the day to day operational activities for each project as required.
- Producing take offs from drawings and cost plans for each project.
- Researching materials, plants and labour costs, contacting various suppliers for quotations and producing cost comparison reports.
- Monitoring actual costs against forecasting and producing management reports for the Directors.
- Placing purchase orders for products/services and planning schedules for each site.
- Liaising with sub-contractors and suppliers to co-ordinate deliveries etc. and maintaining the flow of information between key personnel.
- Good timekeeping
- An excellent approach to work and a professional outlook
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written, with a good command of English.
- Must be efficient and very organised to manage several projects running concurrently.
- Working knowledge of Outlook Express, Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of Sage preferable but not essential as training will be given.
- Must be able to work on your own initiative.
This position would suit a confident, outgoing person who is willing to learn and is able to work as part of a team. The work is varied and challenging, and the company would consider offering training on a day release basis. Could be suitable for an individual who is partly qualified and wishes to complete their education on a part time basis, whilst gaining practical experience in a working environment.
Please send a C.V. and preferably two references by clicking apply