Application Support & Development Engineer - IT
2 days left
- Full Time
Application Support & Development Engineer
Reports to: Group IT Manager
Department: Group IT
Our client is a group which operate within the aerospace sector. They are currently seeking to recruit an Application Support & Development Engineer, to be based from Stansted.
The Application Support & Development Engineer will be responsible for providing day to day Application Support to all Group companies both remotely and on-site at multiple locations across the south of the UK. There is also a requirement for out of hours support as required.
Responsible for the business applications that run over the company network, in particular overseeing database and transaction processing systems that form the basis of the company computer systems, including application design, development, reporting and implementation of business and specialised systems and programs.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Development, Support & Deployment of the group business systems
- 1st to 3rd line support (business systems, hardware, network, servers and support)
- Daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs
- Daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Ongoing project work to improve the service offered
- Perform any other duties within your capabilities as directed by the Company
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:Essential:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, both hardware and software
- Application development life cycle and project management
- Strong SQL development of reports and ETL
- Business analysis and application design of database in Oracle 9i - 12, MS SQL Server to include creation of the following (tables, indexes, procedures and packages).
- Report development and support in one or more of the following: Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Oracle Reports.
- Development and support of Unix (AIX, HPUX, Linux) scripts in Korn shell or Bourne shell
- Application development in Visual Basic.
- Windows Server
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems & applications
- Full UK driving licence
- Active Directory, Exchange
- Veeam backup & replication
- Network hardware infrastructure (Managed Switches, Routers, Wireless Access Points).
- Symantec Endpoint protection
- Project Management methodology
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply ASAP.
Apply for Application Support & Development Engineer - IT
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly