Warrington (with travel to other offices as required)
Our client is an ambitious and well-established housing group with deep roots in three heartland areas of Liverpool, St Helens and Warrington.
One of the largest landlords in the North West, they have 1,500 staff, manage more than 40,000 homes, support around than 64,000 customers and invest at least £5m a year into local communities and life changing causes.
A social organisation with a commercial focus generating income to drive activities and deliver lasting change, They are at once landlord, property developer, commercial contractor and social entrepreneur.
This post will support and work within a small in-house legal team, working under directions from a property solicitor, providing a responsive in-house conveyancing and property transactions advisory service across the Group.
This is an important role in which you will:
- Provide a general conveyancing service across the Group taking instructions and servicing the needs of Group directorates as necessary.
- Handle Right to Buy (RTB), Right to Acquire (RTA) and Shared Ownership enquiries, progressing applications to completion.
- Undertake Land Registry enquiries and advise on a range of property and land ownership matters. Support as appropriate a range of ancillary in-house legal services and processes
To be successful in this role you will:
- Hold a Council for Licensed Conveyancer (CLC) Qualification; or Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives (FILEX); or have experience in managing property transactions to a similar standard (substantial if not full qualification)
- Have a post-qualification; or adequate overall experience providing legal support on property transactions
- Have demonstrable evidence of managing own caseload of conveyancing files
- Preferably have experience within the housing association sector or undertaking instructions from housing association clients
- Demonstrate an ability to engage with staff, peers, tenants and external partners to build relationships based on honesty, trust, mutual respect and integrity to inspire confidence and respect.
Great people share the qualities that our client values highly. They are problem-solvers, able to work well within the team. They are open, honest and committed to doing the right thing at all times, and they always look for ways to do things better, focused on making sure they achieve their aims. If you can share this way of working, you’ll enjoy working here.
In return, they offer a modern workplace that is challenging, supportive and gives you room to grow your skills – along with a package of benefits that shows how much they value your contribution and care about your wellbeing.