MySQL Database Administrator / MySQL DBA / Application Administrator
Job Title: MySQL Database Administrator
Location: Hammersmith, London
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company are revolutionising the health care industry; committed to delivering powerful digital solutions that improve lives and to have fun while doing it. Serving millions of patients and thousands of healthcare professionals every day they are a leader in Health Tech.
Across this network their digital solutions enable data driven patient engagement, personalised online consultation powered by machine learning and patient support to people living with diabetes, hypertension and epilepsy. Their overall aim is to connect patients and transform healthcare.
As a Database Administrator you will have overall responsibility for the reliability and availability of all structured data throughout the business. This structures data will primarily be in MySQL or derivatives. Working closely with the development and QA team you will oversee all changes to the production databases. You will implement changes that will enhance the access to, and security of the data held.
- Ensure the availability and security of Databases across all company production environments.
- Work with the development team to introduce managed changes into the production environment.
- Design appropriate data architecture to enable access to and availability of all structured data.
What they’re looking for:
- 3 years + plus experience working as a DBA
- Database Performance Tuning
- Refactor SQL code to reduce complexity and improve performance
- Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, Amazon CLI
- Disaster Recovery, Log Shipping, ETL
- Database Mirroring
- Database Design Techniques
- Team player with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Optimize, validate and adjust MySQL/MariaDB configuration
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all level
- The ability to work well under pressure and prioritise conflicting demands
- A degree in a technical discipline, Computer Science preferred
- Good problem solving and diagnostic skills
- Percona Toolkit experience
- Implementation of Data Warehousing solutions
- BI Reporting tools experience
Above all, they want someone who shares their core principles of:
- Patient Centred
- Can be Trusted
- Can Deliver Quality
- Aiming High
The Company offers the following:
- An annual individual training budget of up to £1000 linked to your objectives for your role
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Share Option scheme and travel loan after probation is passed
- An amazing team and fun social calendar
If you are looking to make a difference and help transform the healthcare industry please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter detailing your salary expectations.
If you have not heard within 2 weeks of date of application please presume your application has not been successful.
Candidates with experience of; SQL Database Administrator, SQL DBA, MySQL, Database Administrator, SQL Server, VB.NET, Java, SQL Specialist, C#, SQL Server Database Systems Data Administrator, DBA, CRM Administrator, Data Support Administrator, Application Support Engineer and Application Management may also be considered for this role.