Head of Knowledge Management and Research
Sheffield Haworth is a leading financial services executive search consultancy. Founded in London in 1993, it is now ranked in the Top 10 Financial Services Executive Recruitment Firms in the UK. The Company employs over 130 professionals in 12 global offices and has a client list that includes a significant number of leading global financial services companies.
Since our inception, Sheffield Haworth has grown by focusing on developing a thorough understanding of our clients, their businesses, their culture and their people. Our services are characterised by a combination of drive and diplomacy, tenacity and persuasion, discretion and integrity. We endeavour to provide our clients with not only the best candidates, but also the most uniquely informed and professional service.
Overview of the Role
The Head of Knowledge Management & Research has a Global remit to lead best practice in the use of Information Management systems, including to the firm’s central CRM. This will be achieved through managing supplier relationships around performance and ensuring that rigorous training is implemented for all staff. As the Associate grade is instrumental in maintenance of the central CRM, this role will include leading training for all Associate/Research grades Globally. Leading the GDPR policies of the firm and ensuring their application is a fundamental part of the role. Given the Global remit and strategic responsibility for the role of Head of Knowledge Management & Research, it is essential for the individual to be based in London, in order to allow increased interaction and alignment with the firm’s central operations team.
Information management systems and data
- Experience of Global Client Relationship Management Systems & Information Management Systems
- Invenias Account Management and interface with product teams
- Global data manipulation and database management
- Back end database management, on-going review of usage and functionality
- Daily cleansing of data, merging, coding etc
- Lead a strategy across the firm for data cleansing (GDPR related – data retention)
- Statistical analysis of Global sales data
- Management Reporting
Compliance & Legal
- Will be a member of the Data Protection Office team and have a solid/strong understanding of the GDPR
- Help field data subject access requests (GDPR) and other client/candidate requests relating to GDPR
- Constant review of firm practices to ensure data compliance and best practice
Research and Training
- Train associates how to extract profiles based on coding, text (Boolean) search, and “structured” search
- Manage research training for Global Associates in line with career progression requirements
- Ensure the firm has adequate research resource deployed in the appropriate places
- Initiate and improve efficiencies in Associate work flow
- Experience of operating in Executive Search as a practitioner (e.g. Consultant or Associate), researcher and data/systems analyst
- Experience of Global Client Relationship Management systems & Information Management systems
- Experience of Global executive search database management and technical support
- International work experience required
- Intimate understanding of CRM systems, notably Invenias / knowledge of comparable systems – e.g. ‘Thrive’
- Strong skills within data reporting systems, including, Tableau and Bloomberg
- Sound understanding of reporting dashboards and metrics for the purposes of business forecasting within Executive Search
- Good understanding of research training structures within Executive Search
- Knowledge of regulatory environment, specifically Global GDPR and US pay equity for the purposes of supporting the Global data protection office
SH Values & Ethics
Sheffield Haworth employees adhere to the following set of values. The successful candidate will show attributes which will complement the firm’s ethos in this respect.
- We are committed to always deliver what’s best for our clients. We aim to be diligent, thorough and unbiased, and to create innovative solutions and exceed expectations. We’ve spent the past 20+ years doing so and will continue to put our clients at the centre of everything we do.
- We foster strong, respectful relationships and deeply value our clients and our colleagues. We work as one firm and succeed through teamwork, collaboration, inclusion and valuing diverse points of view.
- We operate at the highest levels of ethics and integrity at all time. Our integrity guides principled outcomes that impact our clients, our colleagues and ourselves. We are stewards of excellence and consistently demonstrate our values.
- We are all accountable and our shared success depends on our talented individuals taking initiative, owning opportunities and seeing things through. We take pride in our own results and are always accountable for our actions, inactions and results.