Back End Developer (SQL, Full Stack) BLUB82349
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experience Back End Developer here at Findel Education, supporting our Technology team.
We’re the one-stop-shop for educational supplies; we provide all of the products schools and nurseries need, delivered when they want them, at highly competitive prices. We offer our customers unrivalled choice, great value & quality, and an exceptional service, underpinned by expertise & innovation. We’re all about saving schools time and money.
Some of the responsibilities of this great role include:
- Designing, building, delivering and maintaining our new e-commerce web site platform back end.
- Stakeholder collaboration – be the technical ‘go to’ person for business colleagues, helping and advising on practical solutions to issues and requests.
- Knowledge and experience of agile techniques (sprints, backlogs, stand-ups, retrospectives, showcases, continuous integration, release-on-demand)
- Supporting the Business in documenting any workflows, schemas or interfaces to assist customer integration as necessary.
- Liaising with the business to guide and support UAT activity.
- Agile software development techniques
- Relevant experience in back end or full stack web development teams
- Continuous integration techniques
- RDBMS / SQL interfacing
- Use of Trello or similar for requirements / backlog management
- Positive attitude coupled with day to day problem-solving.
- Proven “full stack” or back end experience
Highly desirable skills
- Interfacing to e-commerce payment gateways such as Sagepay
- Experience of working on e-commerce sites
- On-site SEO best practice
- Solid experience with APIs, RESTful web services and similar interfaces
- Java, .NET or PHP frameworks
- Experience with recommendations, personalisation, search technologies
- MVT or AB testing and optimisation technologies (e.g. Optimizley)
- Solid knowledge of site analytics & tracking
Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday plus an additional Birthday holiday, contributory pension scheme and staff discounts.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.