Product Development Engineer - CAD
Product Development Engineer - CAD
York, North Yorkshire
£25,000 - £27,000 pa DOE plus 28 Days’ Annual Holiday (including Bank Holidays), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Pension Scheme
DGP Intelsius is a supplier of specialist packaging and we are now looking for a Product Development Engineer to join the team at our Global HQ in York.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Product Development professional or an individual with product or packaging design or engineering qualifications to take their next step with an exciting company that leads the way in temperature controlled systems.
With a highly experienced leadership team and a clear vision for the future, we push what is possible within our industry, continually innovate and always keep an eye on our environmental impact.
Boasting solutions that minimise our carbon footprint, we lead the way in environmental thinking, planning and delivery, ensuring that the company puts back more than it takes out.
If this sounds like the kind of place where you could thrive and take your career to the next level, apply today.
As a Product Development Engineer, you will join the Technical Department and take part in a range of product & packaging design tasks & projects for our product portfolio.
The technical department is responsible for the design, test and continual improvement of our products while also supporting other elements of the business through our knowledge of products and regulations such as selecting solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
Specifically, you will be responsible for developing innovative, performance packaging design solutions with end user ease of use in mind. You will assist in NPD projects and play a key role in the ongoing development needs of the company. It involves the design and manufacture of prototype product samples as well as product testing and internal technical support.
The role will require a multi-disciplinary approach and you will have the opportunity to get involved in all aspects of the company’s technical areas.
- Work with internal stakeholders and manufacturing partners to design and develop high performance temperature-controlled packaging solutions
- Create customer facing product visuals for presentation and documentation
- Provide technical assistance to the Sales, Quality and Operations Teams
- Produce, where necessary, proof of concept samples
- Create and maintain Intelsius branded and customer specific artworks
- Generate accurate specifications and Bills of Materials (BoMs) for complete systems
Interested? To be considered as a Product Development Engineer, you will need:
- A design based degree such as Product Design, Design for Industry or similar
- An analytical and solutions focused approach
- Strong problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- A can do attitude
- The ability to work on multiple projects at a time and deliver work to a consistent high standard
- A high level of competency in 3D CAD software (SolidWorks) and Adobe Illustrator (or similar)
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes would be beneficial
- Access to your own transport and a driving licence where required (due to our location)
- Good communication skills
- Enthusiasm and a team player mentality
- Strong attention and dedication to detail
To apply for the role of Product Development Engineer (CAD), please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Product Development Engineer, NPD Engineer, NPI Engineer, Packaging Design Engineer, New Product Introduction Engineer, Research and Development Engineer, R&D Engineer, Packaging Designer, Packaging Technician, Design Technician, Packaging Design Technician, Product Designer, Industrial Designer, CAD Software Designer, Packaging Design.