Who will I be working for?
A friendly, progressive and profitable company with an exciting future of growth and expansion, offering a wonderful modern working environment on Milton park.
What will I be doing?
Supporting the chemistry team in daily laboratory service activities, ensuring standard operating procedures and health & safety requirements are maintained at all times.
Job Role tasks in further detail:
Liaise with Warehouse team to ensure stock levels of safety equipment, personal protective equipment and consumables are maintained, instigating re-ordering as required.
General chemistry tasks including handling various hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals on a daily basis.
- Performing housekeeping and maintenance duties in the non-GMP and cGMP Laboratories to ensure that safety, hygiene and quality standards are maintained.
- Reporting faults, and instigating repairs working with Engineering team
- Transfer waste materials for safe disposal
- Assisting in project start-up/shut-down activities in the production laboratories
- Ensure all written instructions and directions are followed.
- Manage workload to meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision
What skills and experience do I need?
This role requires a strong all rounder: communicating well with others, using initiative with confidence and professionalism as well as a strong team player. The ideal candidate will have:
- A level/HND/BTEC (or equivalent) in Chemistry
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team and to liaise with different departments
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Organisational and time management skills
- Ability to follow Environmental, Health and Safety and Quality procedures
- Highly motivated individual
- Knowledge of Chemical industry
What else do I need to know?
This is a permanent role required on a full-time hours basis, Monday to Friday.
Great benefits support this role alongside free parking on site and the facilities across Milton park as well as a supportive working environment.
The Purely Recruitment Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an Employment Business for temporary recruitment.