Sr Director, EMEA Government IT Analysis, Flexible European Location.
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You'll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you'll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers - and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you're looking to explore what's next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
Gartner's Research and Advisory analysts equip leaders of our clients' organizations with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities, grow their business and build the successful organizations.
- Create insightful and actionable research content around topics such as digital government, government IT management and operations, legacy modernization, cost and budget management aimed at the EMEA government CIOs
- Contextualize existing Gartner research to make it more relevant and actionable for EMEA government CIOs,
- Where feasible, specific focus should be put on UK, Germany and France. Contextualization for the public safety segment is preferred.
- Keep abreast of policy developments that have a significant IT impact across EMEA government organizations.
- Provide compelling interactions via inquiries, remote and in-person briefings and conferences on a broad variety of government topics, in line with your coverage.
- Perform research by reading, networking with clients, vendors and analysts, evaluating and analyzing information and participating in Research Meetings and other activities which comprise the Gartner research process
- Provide sales support by speaking to prospective and existing clients via telephone, by making face-to face sales calls with sales personnel and by delivering pitches as appropriate
- Become a regular commentator to media following major EMEA government IT events.
- 10 plus years experience working within technology field working in or for government organizations in EMEA, preferably in public safety, law enforcement and/or justice
- Bachelor's degree in related field; Masters preferred - and/or relevant qualifications and/or relevant experience
- Language skills: English as mother tongue or excellent is required, fluent German and/or French are preferred
- Significant applicable experience in the EMEA government market/industry, to be accepted by clients as an expert/guru.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Strong analysis, writing and presenting skills and the ability to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Credibility to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies effectively at a senior level.