Technical Economy Manager
Technical Economy Manager, Permanent, West End, London
Job responsibilities: Be part of the Administration Team in Infrastructure Department (IFD). Focusing on technical economy management for the Client and support the planning manager as a backup role.
Independently responsible for the following work:
1. From project management perspective, be responsible for the technical economy analysis of the whole GDA process and the pre-FID process of the project.
2. Working as a coordinator with the company's procurement department and project department to facilitate GDA related procurements.
3. Directs the development of project economic forecast using econometric techniques.
4. Directs the identification of project economic indicators in respect to trends of the project economies.
5. Directs assessments of the economic impact of tax laws and proposals, including projections of anticipated revenue collection.
6. Reviews and analyzes project economic data in order to direct the preparation of reports detailing results of performed research.
7. Recommends policies and procedures to meet the economic needs of GDA process.
8. Review the progress of GDA related procurements with forecast and notify the executive team and relevant directors any risk which may delay the GDA process.
9. Support the planning manager as a backup role, including running the company level meetings and follow up actions from those meetings.
10. Performs other IFD related work as assigned by the line manager.
Knowledge, skills and attributes:
To be minimally qualified for this role, a candidate must have:
11. 5+ years of industry experience.
12. Thorough knowledge of the principles of economics, including econometrics and forecasting, micro and macro-economic theory, economic research and survey sampling techniques, graphic and narrative techniques for the presentation of data, economic indicators for project development trends, and mathematics and statistical theory.
13. Ability to communicate effectively, to maintain favourable public relations, to instruct, direct, and evaluate project economy, and to analyze and appraise facts and precedent in making management decisions.
14. Ability to develop procedures and methods, to organize, evaluate, and present information effectively, to conduct research studies, and to gather and analyze economic data and present findings.
15. Fluency in English both oral and writing, Mandarin or French as a plus.
[It would be preferable for a candidate to have:
16. Nuclear business working experience]